Is best buy expected to carry the 920 tomorrow?

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I work at Best Buy Mobile and can tell you with confidence that our store plans to have them tomorrow (or "today"). Unfortunately, it's going to be only the black one if I know my info correctly.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I work at Best Buy Mobile and can tell you with confidence that our store plans to have them tomorrow (or "today"). Unfortunately, it's going to be only the black one if I know my info correctly.

Thanks for the info. I called a Best Buy earlier today and stopped by another during lunch... neither had any clue when the phone would arrive. Of course, that won't be of too much help for me if they're only getting black.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, we were allowed to take store preorders for quite a long time. In our system, the only one we could set for preorder for in store was black. Maybe we'll get other colors, but far as I know, it's going to be only black.

Furthermore, I got to look at when Best Buy is getting the other hot phones this month (Note 2, 8X, etc) and Lumia 920 is scheduled for Friday, the 9th.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, we were allowed to take store preorders for quite a long time. In our system, the only one we could set for preorder for in store was black. Maybe we'll get other colors, but far as I know, it's going to be only black.

Furthermore, I got to look at when Best Buy is getting the other hot phones this month (Note 2, 8X, etc) and Lumia 920 is scheduled for Friday, the 9th.

Any idea when the shipment will actually arrive? Guess I could just call at 10AM and see what they tell me.

Dreamagain

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Noooo black only? Hope that's not the case. I really want a yellow one. Thanks for the info though, I'll go check it out tomorrow and see what they have.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Any idea when the shipment will actually arrive? Guess I could just call at 10AM and see what they tell me.

Shipment should be there. Usually come in a day or two before release. It honestly does vary (especially with Apple).

For example, our store got Sprint Note 2's in the morning. We also got the 8x demo in the morning too. On the flipside, we got the Lumia 920 display later in the afternoon. I forgot to ask our manager if we got the 920s in (derp).

I figure the stores should have them in stock now. Would be weird to have a release date of the 9th, and not get the phones beforehand.

And yes, in store preorder was only for Black. I can't promise if BB will sell other colors in store outside of what they had online.

wtupyo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
None of the Best Buy stores show inventory in stock (checking online) for the 920 up here in Anchorage, AK.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
The online system is a bit flawed to be honest. I've had several customers come in saying we have Iphone 5's, but our system doesn't show it.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The online system is a bit flawed to be honest. I've had several customers come in saying we have Iphone 5's, but our system doesn't show it.

Will BB match the off contract price? $150 more seems a bit much to be charging over the at&t price.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
theefman - Online price on Bestbuy.com is 99.99 now.

mmoon24 - My only question is do you have any idea when pre-orders would go out (my guess is you wouldn't know...)?

Stinks that I've had my pre-order in since Oct 21, never got cancelled, yet the Mobile CS Agents on the phone can't tell me squat :(

Stephen Vickory

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I was able to buy my 920 last nite from bestbuy full price they pricematch ATT store but they will have and verify price and they have it instock

and BestBuy only has black my store got in 5. they now have 4 :)

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
But, I want the cyan one stephen :(.

Plus, I was told that if I cancelled my online order than my rewardzone tickets wouldn't repopulate for another 24 days and taht would pay for half of the phone.. and my gift cards (which would pay for the other half) wouldn't be 'sent back' to me for at least 24-48 hours...

Did you try getting the wireless charger out of them? The BB Guy told me yesterday that as long as they had them in stock they'd pricematch the free charger too.

Stephen Vickory

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
They Didnt Have wireless chargers or anything, I went to att store and got a Red and Black Bumper for it I like it alot

nokia has a site going live on the 16 where u put in your imei # and they will send you the wireless charger Free

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No best buy in Portland, OR has them. Every one told me same thing: we can order it for you, and no idea when they might actually be in stock.

Bummed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven