AT&T APN Settings

leet414

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got my AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 off-contract but haven't been able to connect to the internet or send MMS messages. I've tried variations of the APN settings that I found on Google searches but it's still not working. :( Can anyone that has their Lumia 920 up and running on AT&T share what their Internet/MMS APN settings are?

Thx!

blinknfg41

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't know what your situation is, but if you didn't have ATT 4G service before you got the phone you need to go to the store and get it activated. I had a similar problem when i moved from the Focus to Focus S

leet414

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Don't know what your situation is, but if you didn't have ATT 4G service before you got the phone you need to go to the store and get it activated. I had a similar problem when i moved from the Focus to Focus S
I'll need to do that. I was able to get HSPA connectivity in the meantime using the 'wap.cingular' apn. Thanks!

mcmikel

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a developers unit and I am having the same issue as you. Please let me know if you find anything out as I will do the same. The other issue is that I cannot tether the phone either but I will deal with that one separately. I travel overseas a lot and I do not want a phone that is purchased from AT&T that is missing a lot of the international frequencies hence the reason for the developers unit (which has the AT&T LTE frequency?s).

I have called a few times to AT&T and have been given the run around. On my phone there are two APN settings (the first 2 are from AT&T) - AT&T LTE1-Lumia and AT&T LTE2-Lumia. LTE2 and the custom HSPA+ works and allows me to use data under H which I guess is HSPA? (sorry new to AT&T).

I have ran speed tests under AT&T LTE2 ? Lumia and the custom APN that I found here: (http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-900/189221.htm) Although it is only HSPA+ settings, it will have to work for now as I am getting better speeds than what AT&T put as a apn on my phone (AT&T - LTE2 - Lumia). The search continues for a custom LTE apn setting to initiate LTE

AT&T LTE2 = (average) 3.3 Mbit/sec download 750 Kb/s upload
AT&T HSPA+ (custom apn)= (average) 6 Mbit/sec download 3Mbits/sec upload

I used an app in the market called Speed Test (my Speed Test) ? in case you want to run the same tests and let me know what results you are getting. Somehow we will find an apn (and fix the tether) that works.

Vikas Rao

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a developers unit and when I took a connection from AT&T, they asked for my IMEI number and their system showed it up as Blackberry. So I was only able to connect to AT&T 3G access point APN. After calling AT&T several times they were finally able to set the device to Nokia and then I was able to connect to AT&T -LTE2. My cell tower shows H. The AT&T customer Tech support it would show LTE if there is coverage. My are has LTE coverage but I do not get it in my phone. So I am not sure if I will ever get LTE speeds.

Currently download is 3.6 Mbit/sec and 750 Kb/s upload

mcmikel

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info Vikas

I ended up switching to T-Mobile (for now anyways) I used the store reps sim at T-Mobile and he helped me find the proper APN address (seemed to be very knowledgeable and it was refreshing not having to explain why I need to setup an APN like I did at AT&T). I was able to get 10 Mbit/sec down and 2.5 Mbit/sec up. I am faced with only one challenge and that is getting MMS to work on T-Mobile. It seems some other people were having this problem and I am reading through the forums now. I am sure I will be able to resolve this.

If this all works, I will stay on T-Mobile. I will post my results.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info Vikas

I ended up switching to T-Mobile (for now anyways) I used the store reps sim at T-Mobile and he helped me find the proper APN address (seemed to be very knowledgeable and it was refreshing not having to explain why I need to setup an APN like I did at AT&T). I was able to get 10 Mbit/sec down and 2.5 Mbit/sec up. I am faced with only one challenge and that is getting MMS to work on T-Mobile. It seems some other people were having this problem and I am reading through the forums now. I am sure I will be able to resolve this.

If this all works, I will stay on T-Mobile. I will post my results.

My MMS is working on Tmobile with the stock APN. So strange that yours isnt.

Katan Jale

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Had ATT unlock our phones for a trip to Europe this past month. We used TMobile UK SIMs and then later in Ireland 3.ie SIMs. In order to get the data working, I had to call TMobile and they sent a configuration message to the phone and then everything worked great in Europe.

Getting back to the US, MMS wasn't working - so no group or picture messages - just a link that said "Get media content now" that wouldn't do anything - and sending pictures didn't work either. This was also happening on my wife's Nokia 900.

After spending several hours over two days with AT&T tier 1 and tier 2 technical support - they were unable to help us with the MMS issues. What a waste of time.

After reading the forums I downloaded the Nokia "Network Settings" app to the Nokia 900 and used this to fix the problem for the 900. Great little app - but unavailable for the Nokia 920. But this made it clear it was an MMS APN issue on the Nokia 920.

For the Nokia 920 Tyresian's fix worked for me with the following settings. I did not even need to reset the phone:
APN: pta
WAP gateway (URL): proxy.mobile.att.net
WAP gateway port: 80
MMSC (URL): http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMSC port: 80

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos