Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By TenTwelve
  • 2 Post By Necroscope
  • 1 Post By BotanicalStig
  • 1 Post By aximtreo

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    ... I was the 2nd in out 4 initially and was kind of bummed to learn they only had black. One rep was telling people that red was direct fulfillment and other colors might be by market. I then spoke to the manager who was actually a really nice guy and helpful. He did some digging and discovered they'll be getting white and red in on a shipment today. Oh, and no charging plates yet although they were quick to point out that they are indeed honoring that deal and could very well have them on the next shipment as well.

Anyhow, he took my name and number is going to call me as soon as the reds get there and get checked in.

Oh well, I'm not even mad really. It didn't put me out much since I'm so close and hopefully I'll have a cherry red one this afternoon. :)

...and I must've sipped a little of the size and weight kool-aid because I was pleasantly surprised to find the 920 neither enormous or bulky. :D

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    ...and I must've sipped a little of the size and weight kool-aid because I was pleasantly surprised to find the 920 neither enormous or bulky. :D
    Bro, you must lift!

So, how long have you been lifting? I mean, I hit the gym today again but I'm still quite uncertain. I have only two weeks to do some magic, just in case.

Otherwise, forklift time!

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    Bro, you must lift!

:lol::lol::lol:
    socialcarpet likes this.

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I got my Red one from the store this morning and I love it!!! I agree, I feel it's no heavier than my 900 and it feels great!

Quote Originally Posted by phirefly View Post
    I agree, I feel it's no heavier than my 900 and it feels great!
    Nokia must have infused the chasis with testosterone. No other explaination as to how mere mortals could be lifting this device with such ease!
    theefman and WillBrown like this.

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroscope View Post
    Nokia must have infused the chasis with testosterone. No other explaination as to how mere mortals could be lifting this device with such ease!
    Balco...

Got mine this morning and have to say it doesn't feel heavy at all. It actually made my Samsung Focus feel very cheap as well as my previous iPhone. My store only had 5 blacks, 1 red and 2 whites in stock. They did not have the charging pad in yet but told me to either call AT&T customer service and they would ship it to me or the store can let me know as soon as they come in. I ended up with a black one. Although the red looked amazing, after handling for less than 20 seconds the finger prints were too obnoxious for me to handle. Loving the phone so far.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    My store only had one red, took them about 5 minutes to dig it out of the back. It feels fantastic in the hand, thin, solid, etc. Feels like a hockey puck :lol: Certainly not the "way too huge and heavy for a phone!" crap.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    When I went in they said they only had black but then the rep who served me was nice enough to go to the back and they actually had black white and red.

I went into two corporate stores this morning. One had 3 black and that's it. The other also had only black but had sold one red. They were expecting another delivery around noon and said they would give me a call. We'll see. I would contend AT&T and Nokia haven't done such a great job on this phone given the limited inventory for the company who has exclusive rights.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockonit View Post
    I went into two corporate stores this morning. One had 3 black and that's it. The other also had only black but had sold one red. They were expecting another delivery around noon and said they would give me a call. We'll see. I would contend AT&T and Nokia haven't done such a great job on this phone given the limited inventory for the company who has exclusive rights.
    The store manager called me at like 12:20 to let me know he had a red one for me. I went in and got taken care of ina timely manner and walked out. They didn't charge me the upgrade fee either unless that'll be on my next bill.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pike1783 View Post
    Got mine this morning and have to say it doesn't feel heavy at all. It actually made my Samsung Focus feel very cheap as well as my previous iPhone. My store only had 5 blacks, 1 red and 2 whites in stock. They did not have the charging pad in yet but told me to either call AT&T customer service and they would ship it to me or the store can let me know as soon as they come in. I ended up with a black one. Although the red looked amazing, after handling for less than 20 seconds the finger prints were too obnoxious for me to handle. Loving the phone so far.
    You'll love Nokia's matte finish. The red, yellow and white colors are really nice when clean but the gloss makes them fingerprint magnets. I would find myself wiping the gloss finish every time the phone was handled -

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Yeah the fingerprints on the gloss finish is driving me a little mad already. I'll probably get over it though....not too noticeable on white. Just takes a quick wipe down with my shirt or pants.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    The store manager called me at like 12:20 to let me know he had a red one for me. I went in and got taken care of ina timely manner and walked out. They didn't charge me the upgrade fee either unless that'll be on my next bill.
    Upgrade fees are charged to your monthly bill.

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts
    Regarding finger prints on the glossy 920's, you guys are missing the point. If you handle it enough, the finger prints will make it look like a matte finish. LMAO

Seriously, I ordered the Cyan because it's close to Carolina Blue and it comes with a matte finish. I think we all will be happy with our choices.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Just picked up my black one. It's a beauty. The store also didn't have any charging plates, but the manager told the employee to do a direct fulfillment and that it would ship starting on the 16th. It's not on my receipt so I'll wait and see what happens. If I don't get it by the end of the month I'm going back down there to or I'll call corporate.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ky Phan View Post
    Balco...

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsVictorB View Post
    Just picked up my black one. It's a beauty. The store also didn't have any charging plates, but the manager told the employee to do a direct fulfillment and that it would ship starting on the 16th. It's not on my receipt so I'll wait and see what happens. If I don't get it by the end of the month I'm going back down there to or I'll call corporate.
    I already got the shipping notice on my direct fulfillment (ordered it this morning and apparently it's already shipped.. :)). Not sure if they ordered the right thing though - but they looked up the SKU from the internal memo about the special offer (they didn't know about it until I told them that I'm supposed to get a free wireless charging plate)...

Now - waiting on the other site to start taking orders as well and I'll be getting 2 (hopefully - assuming they don't check the serial numbers and don't ship them to AT&T customers that already have it).. :)

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post
    I already got the shipping notice on my direct fulfillment (ordered it this morning and apparently it's already shipped.. :)). Not sure if they ordered the right thing though - but they looked up the SKU from the internal memo about the special offer (they didn't know about it until I told them that I'm supposed to get a free wireless charging plate)...

Now - waiting on the other site to start taking orders as well and I'll be getting 2 (hopefully - assuming they don't check the serial numbers and don't ship them to AT&T customers that already have it).. :)
    It would be nice to get a second free plate. I didn't notice the rep at AT&T noting the IMEI anywhere on the plate order, so we shall see.
    Thanked by:

Went in an hour after my local AT&T store opened (Denver, CO), one guy was walking out with a black one. As I made my purchase two other fellas also bought their 920's. There was a Samsung rep there presumably to sell the GS3, he was surprised the Nokias were the only phones walking out the door. He did say "It's alright, it's a good phone", kinda reminded of the smugness of Will Smith.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumblr_lmm3edwolk1qh55zko1_400.jpg  

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgiv View Post

Did the notice come to your e-mail or was it a txt on your phone?

The employee helping me also didn't know about the charger. I had to tell him a couple of times and then he Googled it. He found the thing about it being out of stock. I told him to keep on checking and that's when he told me about the Nokia website. I was going to ask for a manager, but the manager just happen to walk buy and heard us talking about it and stepped in.

So, for you folks that go to the store, make sure you tell them about the charger cause not all the employees know about it.

Also, they had sold a handful of them by the time I got there (3pm). They had black, white, and red. It looks like the phone can be extremely successful if AT&T and Nokia market it properly.

I showed it to my father (he has an iPhone), and he was immediately impressed with the weight. I love how solid this phone feels.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    FYI (sorry for the slow response) - rep asked me where I wanted the info sent - which I asked to be sent to my email.

Black charger was received 4 days later. Overall its a "charger" - but certainly my favorite charger as I don't have to fool with wires. :)