Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Who said the Lumia 920 off-contract and sim-free is $800?

Right now the only allure to signing a two-year contract minus the price cut is a device with the proper LTE radios for use in the US. If the Nexus 4 that is coming out next Tuesday had LTE in it and still cost under $400 that would be one heck of a deal. LTE on AT&T isn't available everywhere I'm at, but I only have to drive ten minutes from my house to get into decent LTE coverage. If that wasn't the case, I might have considered picking up the Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store and using it.

Right now I'm just impressed with the build quality of my 920 and its black matte finish. I could see the benefit of having bought a more vivid color - yellow certainly comes to mind - but it's just loud. I like the muted appearance of the matte finish and how it just blends in with my workstation at the office. The cyan of my 900 just gave off the vibe to people I had my phone on my desk. Right now people cannot distinguish it from another phone model. (And that is OK)

Once someone sees that gorgeous screen power on and the camera in action I'm sure there will be no mistaking what kind of phone this is. Now, if Nokia releases gel cases like they did with the 900 and you can swap out for a red, yellow, black, etc and go with another accent color I'm game.

Global Posts
    2,092 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wamsille View Post
    Who said the Lumia 920 off-contract and sim-free is $800?

Right now the only allure to signing a two-year contract minus the price cut is a device with the proper LTE radios for use in the US. If the Nexus 4 that is coming out next Tuesday had LTE in it and still cost under $400 that would be one heck of a deal. LTE on AT&T isn't available everywhere I'm at, but I only have to drive ten minutes from my house to get into decent LTE coverage. If that wasn't the case, I might have considered picking up the Nexus 4 from the Google Play Store and using it.

Right now I'm just impressed with the build quality of my 920 and its black matte finish. I could see the benefit of having bought a more vivid color - yellow certainly comes to mind - but it's just loud. I like the muted appearance of the matte finish and how it just blends in with my workstation at the office. The cyan of my 900 just gave off the vibe to people I had my phone on my desk. Right now people cannot distinguish it from another phone model. (And that is OK)

Once someone sees that gorgeous screen power on and the camera in action I'm sure there will be no mistaking what kind of phone this is. Now, if Nokia releases gel cases like they did with the 900 and you can swap out for a red, yellow, black, etc and go with another accent color I'm game.
    I thought you said people were going to resell it on eBay and Craigslist for $800.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Well I'm going try something brave, since Nokia can't SELL it I'll see if I can trade the one I'm about to buy from best buy Commitment free and trade it for a developer one from build 2012 if not I'll use straight talk until I can unlock it and go back to tmobile who's network reform should be live by then... whatever it takes I will have this phone!!!!

This is what I'm planning too, hopefully they're unlocked like the Rogers ones

Global Posts
    2,858 Global Posts
    Ok, here's an update: called the MS store in pentagon city and they said they had none but came down anyway to check best buy as their system said its available in store, sadly bs. Popped into the MS store and they said they have them! Waiting now to see id this is BS or not.

Edit: SUCCESS!!!! Got it!!!! Say they have all colors but Yellow. Thanks to the guys who mentioned the store, lifesavers! :D

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...ArwlKO4F77YKEs
    Last edited by theefman; 11-09-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Weird. I walked into the at&t store in Santa Monica when they opened this morning and bought a black 920 off contract. The guy was a little surprised that I was buying it full price but gave me no hassle. Honestly it's a big step up from the 900. Happy hunting.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Title says it all, stood in line, then got told only on contract. Bunch of tossers.
    Sprint did me the same way over the EVO 4G LTE months ago. Walked in asked to pay full price and was told NO! They said since it was a new phone they only sold them to those doing a new 2 year contract or upgrades. Funny thing is they sold me phones in the past at full price with no problem.

But believe AT&T in my area will sell them at full price... well they did not long ago not sure about now tho.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12