Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

pjeung

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This email means nothing. I got this email right now. I also already have tracking info and my package has already been picked up by fedex.

that is highly encouraging =) but with the disaster that has become the yellow nokia 920 preorder launch(more like no-launch), i won't get too excited. I'm glad your phone is being shipped!

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Good gravy. Here I was ready to pay an etf and all that jazz. Guess my trophy will live on until next summer. This is why I left at&t a few years ago. Looks like nothing has changed.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just received this: (Ordered at 7 AM CST on Nov 7, status order date Nov 7)

Dear Wanker,

Thank you for your recent purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We are pleased that you chose AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Unfortunately, items in your order are out of stock and are backordered. We will ship them as soon as they are available, and notify you of the shipment by email. We will ship multiple backordered items when all items are in stock.

If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

When I go to view the status it still says pre processing or what have you.

No indication as to what item is backordered, the phone or the charger. No estimate ship date either.

If you go to

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

Does it list the phone as being on backorder? I still have mine listed as on order. All 3 items say pending shipment.

Interestingly enough, I got this number from one of the chat reps (who was completely useless otherwise).

866-499-8008

It seems to be yet ANOTHER different system for order status because this time, the automated line says that my order has been processed (past tense) and is awaiting shipment.

So my count right now is 4 different order status systems that show 4 different (albeit slightly) statuses for my order. Way to go AT&T, no wonder you can't get your act together.

vincentw56

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T's social media manger. She told me the yellow phones are back ordered until Dec 2. She said they didn't expect the yellow phones to be so popular and ran out of stock quickly. Red is also very hard to find too. She said most the time they have yellow phones they end up with a ton of stock left over.

So I guess I will continue to wait. At least my Titan II still works great.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Added this to my other post:

3-5 days shipped dates: 866-267-4510
Refund and 920 knowledge: 800-331-0500

I don't care if it is 3 days, I just want someone to tell me that...so I know what is going on! I didn't get my order in until 3PM Eastern on the 7th, so I am not surprised I didn't make wave one....but I am just glad to see there IS a "wave one" now.

Awesome! That Ship Dates # worked great. My order has apparently SHIPPED! Never got an email, and website still doesn't show it. This is probably the quickest way for people to find out if their order has actually been sent yet. Could take awhile to get through into all their systems ect.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I just received two emails that said my order was canceled and two that said it was back-ordered. I called and they said it shows as still in process. The did credit me my upgrade fee, but they were supposed to do that anyway. :confused:

cyanwinters

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with AT&T's social media manger. She told me the yellow phones are back ordered until Dec 2. She said they didn't expect the yellow phones to be so popular and ran out of stock quickly. Red is also very hard to find too. She said most the time they have yellow phones they end up with a ton of stock left over.

Should have asked about the cyan one. It seems to be between yellow and red in terms of availability. Based on this forum it seems like lots of red phones are getting out. Sure hope I'm not waiting until December.

kcovert

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
If you go to

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

Does it list the phone as being on backorder? I still have mine listed as on order. All 3 items say pending shipment.

Interestingly enough, I got this number from one of the chat reps (who was completely useless otherwise).

866-499-8008

It seems to be yet ANOTHER different system for order status because this time, the automated line says that my order has been processed (past tense) and is awaiting shipment.

So my count right now is 4 different order status systems that show 4 different (albeit slightly) statuses for my order. Way to go AT&T, no wonder you can't get your act together.

Thats the premier account number.

asupmdr

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Email..Backordered.

Another day, no change. Online chat was waste of time. Called, and opened a Case, and asked for a financial reward, and supposedly got a $20 credit to my account.

Just recieved this from AT&T:
Dear MARK xxxx,

Thank you for your recent purchase on the AT&T Premier Online Store. We are pleased that you chose AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Unfortunately, items in your order are out of stock and are backordered. We will ship them as soon as they are available, and notify you of the shipment by email. We will ship multiple backordered items when all items are in stock.

If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

Reference Web Order Number: xxxxxxxxxx Thank you,

The AT&T Premier Team

lifesizepotato

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

That's pretty disheartening to hear. I'll just hold out hope that she's as out of the loop as everyone else. It seems like every different person people here talk to has a different story about what's going on. Backordered, not-backordered-just-slow-to-ship, shipping by the end of the week, second batch coming in on the 15th, out of stock til December 2, etc.

jsk0703

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Take this for what it's worth but I stopped in my local store today to inquire on a yellow 920. The rep told me there is a big backlog but they are still taking orders. She said the demand is greater than they had anticipated.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine just after midnight on the West Coast (2:22 am CST per my order confirmation) on 11/7. I checked the order status page folks were kind enough to post on here and my order still says "In Progress, Pending Shipment". I would have thought I placed my order early enough to get a phone from their initial stock. Sigh...
It seems that everyone who's posted they got tracking info are Premier customers. I wonder if being Premier has anything to do with it. Did any non-Premier customers, like myself, get shipping info? By the way, I received my free charging plate yesterday. A lot of good it does me without the phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium