Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

cyanwinters

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to go ahead and use my upgrade today. I was going to get the red 920 that was on hold for me in one of my local stores. I called another local store, and the rep on the phone explained that they didn't have any yellow 920's in the store, but that I could come in and order it through him. I explained what I saw on the AT&T, Best Buy, and Walmart, sites with all of them stating that they were out of stock. He said it didn't matter, and that they could send them out through their direct fulfillment warehouse. I thought to myself that I'd run into problems doing it this way, but he guaranteed me that they just got an update from the warehouse saying that the shipping time frame for Yellow Lumia 920's was 3-5 days. I was ecstatic! I placed my order, and just now as I'm typing this, I got my confirmation email:

AT&T Order Confirmation
Dear ***,
Thank you for your recent AT&T order. Your equipment has been reserved and is expected to ship within the next 3 to 5 business days.
As soon as your order ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. In the meantime, you can check the status of your order on our website at any time by clicking here or by calling our automated system at 1-877-782-8870 and entering *** when prompted for the order number.
Order Details:
Order Transaction Number: ***
Shipping Zip Code: ***
Item Name
Item Number
Quantity Ordered
Tessco NOK920 ACCESSORY
4368A​
1​
Nokia 920 PHONE
6025A​
1​
Various SIM
72290​
1​

They even waived my upgrade fee. I don't know what to say. I can't believe it was this easy. I'll keep you all updated if everything goes as planned.

Good luck with that.

cyanwinters

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I want to confirm this.

I went to the AT&T store last night to possibly cancel the order if I could get Cyan (no luck, only white....blech).

Anyways, the guy working there looked it up and said there were 1,219 on back order. Today my pending charge was cancelled so I called the support line. They said my order is still valid and they will charge me again when it ships. He said it should be 14-21 days. I asked if that was from when I ordered it or from today, and he said it was from the order date. He didn't sound very confident about that tho. Anyways, the December 2nd date is looking more plausible.

Has anyone looked at a calendar?

December 2nd is a SUNDAY. AT&T will not be receiving phones that day and they most certainly will not be shipping out phones on that day. Whoever started this notion that December 2nd is a magical day is talking out their backside.

havanahjoe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So I decided to go ahead and use my upgrade today. I was going to get the red 920 that was on hold for me in one of my local stores. I called another local store, and the rep on the phone explained that they didn't have any yellow 920's in the store, but that I could come in and order it through him. I explained what I saw on the AT&T, Best Buy, and Walmart, sites with all of them stating that they were out of stock. He said it didn't matter, and that they could send them out through their direct fulfillment warehouse. I thought to myself that I'd run into problems doing it this way, but he guaranteed me that they just got an update from the warehouse saying that the shipping time frame for Yellow Lumia 920's was 3-5 days. I was ecstatic! I placed my order, and just now as I'm typing this, I got my confirmation email:

They even waived my upgrade fee. I don't know what to say. I can't believe it was this easy. I'll keep you all updated if everything goes as planned.

It would be nice if what the rep said was true but, from what we've all seen, he most likely lied to you (or was misinformed). If you do get yours in 3 - 5 days, that means ours should be coming around the same time, so please keep us posted.

revdug

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
While I also questioned if he lied as well, I think there have been some major issues of lack of communication regarding inventory which may have led to this.

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if what the rep said was true but, from what we've all seen, he most likely lied to you (or was misinformed). If you do get yours in 3 - 5 days, that means ours should be coming around the same time, so please keep us posted.

If he/she were to get it in 3-5 days, then ours should have tracking numbers right now. And mine doesn't.

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone looked at a calendar?

December 2nd is a SUNDAY. AT&T will not be receiving phones that day and they most certainly will not be shipping out phones on that day. Whoever started this notion that December 2nd is a magical day is talking out their backside.
So what if it's Sunday? You actually think Nokia ships to AT&T using USPS, UPS, or FedEX?:lol:

Bob: Hey Carl, 15 UPS trucks just pulled up.
Carl: Must be our shipment from Nokia

Of course not. We're talking a shipping company with a semi that's dropping off a triple trailer full of phones. I understand that UPS has Trailers as well, but there are other "delivery" companies that WILL deliver on Sunday. So, is it likely that it will get delivered on a Sunday? Probably not. Is it possible? Absolutely!!

And of course they wouldn't be shipping any phones out until the 3rd, as non of the above stated shippers would pick up until then anyway.

Ethere

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
All three items are now pending shipment.

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
So what if it's Sunday? You actually think Nokia ships to AT&T using USPS, UPS, or FedEX?:lol:

Bob: Hey Carl, 15 UPS trucks just pulled up.
Carl: Must be our shipment from Nokia

Of course not. We're talking a shipping company with a semi that's dropping off a triple trailer full of phones. I understand that UPS has Trailers as well, but there are other "delivery" companies that WILL deliver on Sunday. So, is it likely that it will get delivered on a Sunday? Probably not. Is it possible? Absolutely!!

And of course they wouldn't be shipping any phones out until the 3rd, as non of the above stated shippers would pick up until then anyway.

UPS does do - Next flight Out Sonic Delivery. They use United, American Airlines..etc and something can be delivered within 4 hours

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I understand that UPS has Trailers as well, but there are other "delivery" companies that WILL deliver on Sunday. So, is it likely that it will get delivered on a Sunday? Probably not. Is it possible? Absolutely!!

I'm in management in the logistics (shipping/receiving/trucking) industry and this is absolutely correct - we have offices that never close...even on holidays and trucks on the road every day of the year.

My Yellow Lumia 920 should be available for pickup tomorrow HAPPY :) !

...but I won't be available to receive it so won't have it till Monday SAD :( .

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Got mine earlier today. Already got it all fixed up. Moved all my goodies and stuff over from the White Lumia 900. I really dig the small tiles alot. Yeah, this is a great phone so far.
-joe-

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

Here she is! She does exist! Stay resolute my fellow yellow lovers! She will be with you all just shortly!
WP_000563.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte