Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Tried again to get the $50 discount - this time via live chat. Was still told not today but got a commitment that if I call in on Friday they will match the price. I saved the chat as backup.

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Winning Guy - don't listen to him/her - vent away! They probably jumped to the end of the thread and have no idea what any of us have been through in trying to get information on where the heck our phones are!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Ah. What a great solution. It's not like I haven't already called them several times.

I'm using this mainly as a venting thread.

Though I will say that your personal attack is rather clever. (not)

Dude, I was kidding. Take a joke?

I went through the same **** with AT&T, and it isn't fair. I ordered mine on the 9th, and yours hasn't shipped yet. So that's BS.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Winning Guy - don't listen to him/her - vent away! They probably jumped to the end of the thread and have no idea what any of us have been through in trying to get information on where the heck our phones are!

him. And trust me, I've been on this tread since it opened. I was really tempted to get a white, but patience got me. Before mine shipped, I checked every ten minutes to see if it shipped, I called AT&T once a day, and I posted stuff on Nokia's (us and regular) and AT&T's Facebook page.

ford7393

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
him. And trust me, I've been on this tread since it opened. I was really tempted to get a white, but patience got me. Before mine shipped, I checked every ten minutes to see if it shipped, I called AT&T once a day, and I posted stuff on Nokia's (us and regular) and AT&T's Facebook page.

My apologies, then...

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Dude, I was kidding. Take a joke?

I went through the same **** with AT&T, and it isn't fair. I ordered mine on the 9th, and yours hasn't shipped yet. So that's BS.
Whoops. Couldn't tell.
I guess I should be called "Grumpy Guy."

This has been such a pain. I think I'm going to call AT&T tomorrow to see if they could give me a car for my troubles. Worth a try, right?

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Since phone calls are literally the worst, I went into the ATT store today to ask about getting $50 back. They said they'd credit me, so we'll see where that goes. The manager recognized me from the time I had enquired about the phone and when I had come in to order on the ninth, and he came over and apologized about the mess. He seemed confused about how awful the launch was, too. They still didn't have any 8Xs. On the plus side, they had a lot of banners/videos playing advertising Windows Phone, and all of the reps seem at least somewhat enthusiastic about it. The manager said he would try to see if he could get my order moving along, as it's been Pending Shipment since the day I ordered it... not expecting much, but I appreciate their helpful attitude.

They only had red and black 920s on hand and those are my two least favorite shades, so I'm going to stick it out.

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Woof, mine just shipped...order the 11th, receiving the 21st......I was surprised to see a one day shipping as when I order it says 2 day shipping....oh well, just glad to see shipping number via FedEx
on the other side, my charging plates are not yet shipped

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I received an explanation that makes sense, but still sucks.

Apparently, late on the 8th and early on the 9th the computer system that does the order processing went down. Orders places during that time had to be sent to employees to manually process.

This sounds plausible because I remember calling on the 9th because I didn't get an order confirmation. But the AT&T rep said he couldn't check the status of my order because the computers were down, and I should try again the next day.

Well, I guess late on the 9th the systems came back up and anyone who ordered at that time got processed automatically again. Meanwhile, the people who ordered on the 8th and early 9th still had their orders in the queue for human processors. That's why orders took between 2 and 4 days before they would even show up in the system.

It sucks, but crap happens.

The part that is unacceptable is that AT&T wasn't up front about what caused the problems.

...and mine still hasn't received a tracking number.

Fluxcored

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
hanging-chad-recount_zps774af3c6.jpg

mariogarza87

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that order processed on the 10th or later, has your phone shipped? I ordered on the 10th, and processed on the 10th. Still haven't got a tracking number.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I was told that there are around 700 orders still waiting in the preorder queue, and that the next shipment should be over 700 units. So everyone who "preordered" should be covered in the next shipment.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine is currently both our for delivery and expected to be delivered by the 23rd.

Maybe the USPS has discovered time travel so that packages will arrive late, but not as late as they would have otherwise.

iHeartInfoTech

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Been watching this thread since the start. Joined today just to help anyone else that's still waiting...

Ordered Yellow 920 via Premier on 11/9 (~10:30 AM Eastern Time) (Processed 11/10)
Received Backorder notification 11/14 (~3:00 PM)
Finally received tracking information today 11/21 (~10:00 AM)
These inept morons ship second day and I'm now, due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, expecting delivery Monday 11/26 via FedEx.
After a CSR, her Supervisor, and her Manager they can't even compensate me till after I get my service activated. WTG AT&T. IDK if I should leave T-Mobile for this.
I just hope my Yellow 920 doesn't turn out to be a lemon after going through all this.

Last edited:

Matt McSpirit

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've also been following this thread from the start - I'm still waiting on my yellow 920...

11/7 - Ordered non-commitment Yellow Lumia 920 via Premier (Web) - Received email confirmation with "expected to arrive on or around 11/14/12"
11/8 - Credit card needs to be validated, so I call AT&T, and go through what felt like a reordering process...hmmm...
11/8 - Look online at the regular AT&T site, in 'My Orders' and see a Nokia Lumia 820 listed. Great. Too late at night to call AT&T to ask WTF. I must have said 'Yellow Lumia 920 about 50 times, but still ended up with a black 820. Genius.
11/9 - Can't cancel 820 as it's 'gone to the warehouse' so I'm charged, and it's being shipped. Shipping number etc. I ordered a new non-commitment Yellow Lumia 920, again.
13/9 - Lumia 820 delivered.
14/9 - Lumia 820 returned to store and refunded
11/21 - Still waiting on 920. No tracking number. I have a Web Order Number for Premier, and a different order number, starting EXTP, on the main AT&T website, in 'My Orders'. I'm hoping they are the same, or I'll end up with 2, which wouldn't surprise me with AT&T. Pending charge has disappeared from credit card.

Very glad I didn't go for a contract upgrade, as after this situation, when my contract is up in 12 months or so, I'm off!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99