Those who ordered the L920 from AT&T in Yellow

cyanwinters

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Think whatever you want, you've been the doubting Thomas on this thread for a long time. Just enjoy your Lumia and let the rest of us be headless chickens.

Part of the reason I'm a..."doubting Thomas" is because I also don't have my Lumia yet. I didn't even order a yellow one, yet I'm stuck in the same **** that everyone else here is in.

I'm just not so easily swayed by the sales pitch. The management types are smart enough to realize they have to be a little nicer in order to quell the angry mob, but that doesn't mean they are providing any better information. In fact the information they are providing doesn't even make sense based on the shared experiences here. It's just a fact that "pending shipment" does not mean it's on the dock waiting for a truck. Too many people here have had that status for multiple business days for that to be believable.

vioalas

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Part of the reason I'm a..."doubting Thomas" is because I also don't have my Lumia yet. I didn't even order a yellow one, yet I'm stuck in the same **** that everyone else here is in.

I'll go out on a limb, you got the cyan, when did you order it? Just curious. That sucks that you don't have it.

skaizr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm just not so easily swayed by the sales pitch. The management types are smart enough to realize they have to be a little nicer in order to quell the angry mob, but that doesn't mean they are providing any better information. In fact the information they are providing doesn't even make sense based on the shared experiences here. It's just a fact that "pending shipment" does not mean it's on the dock waiting for a truck. Too many people here have had that status for multiple business days for that to be believable.
You underestimate the difficulty in getting these gargantuan phones off the dock and onto a truck sufficient for shipping the load.

taco66

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does each item show up separately on the order status screen? I only show the phone and the sim card. Is the charger supposed to be listed on there? I called and was told it was included with the phone. She didn't sound to sure though.

cyanwinters

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'll go out on a limb, you got the cyan, when did you order it? Just curious. That sucks that you don't have it.

Correct. I ordered it on the 10th, a little late to the party. I ordered it in store, and the rep who made the actual order told me I'd have it in 3-5 days. So technically that's still doable, but I'm not getting my hopes up since it hasn't shipped.

I think the cyan is the second most logjammed behind the yellow. Lots of people seem to be getting their reds.

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Christ on a Crutch, 33+ pages and I am on the same boat as others..lol

I placed my order on the 7th at like 3am Pacific Time and got my confirmation at 4:48am.

Email said - Your Nokia Lumia 920 has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 11/14/12

Waiting, Waiting and something does not seem right. Sprint is suppose to shut off my phone on the 18th and I'm getting nervous. I need to keep my current Sprint phone active so I can use it in the meantime and also to port it over to AT&T.

I talked to several AT&T Reps and got different answers. One rep told me last week it was shipping out on Friday of last week...HA!

My bank account still has a "Pending Charge" and the Premier AT&T order status still says -- Status: Preorder Processing

Today the 14th I just get an email saying --

Unfortunately, items in your order are out of stock and are backordered. We will ship them as soon as they are available, and notify you of the shipment by email. We will ship multiple backordered items when all items are in stock.

If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time.

GREAT! I had to call Sprint to extend my service another month because who the heck knows when I'll get this phone. Which means another $130 to Sprint to keep this phone in meantime.

So now there a chance I have to wait past December 2nd ????

It's almost to the point where I could care less how many 14yo Chinese kids are working in a manufacturing plant. Drag more kids into the plant and make them work 24hr shifts so I can get my phone

This friggin bites, and I own 5,000 shares of Nokia.

sanshiro

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The saddest part of all this is that the whole backlog/sold-out/huge demand story makes it sound like this is some sort of iPhone-level launch success... only for Nokia to show some pathetic sales numbers at their next quarter results (remember how the best-selling Lumia 900 only sold 600 thousand in the US?).

The WP8 launch is another disaster just like the WP7 and WP7.5 were. AT&T had to stock ALL colors, especially the attention-getter Yellow and Red... didn't they do any market research? Didn't Nokia tell them that they were pitching the Yellow more than any other color? Jesus.

I went to a Microsoft store on Saturday, 12 days after WP8 was launched, and a full day after the phones supposedly went on sale. The phones? Stuck in the back (a Black and a White 920). Windows Phone 8X? Nowhere to be seen. The rep had no clue how to use them (I had to show him a few tricks). He said "maybe" next week they'll have a front store demo, and "maybe" they'll get the other colors. Nokia made these colorful phones to differentiate, and no stores have them on display, and people cannot even get the online. Cluster****.

skaizr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Last I checked I do not have any pending CC charges, however I did get a credit check ping this morning from ATT.

Anyone else who monitors their credit notice a similar occurence? Any correlation to phone shipping?

I can not check website status.

Bundalings

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The associates in the store I went to seemed quite excited about the Lumias. One of them had a 900 as his personal phone and said he loved it, they had some display models and posters out, and the manager even offered to get a demo model of the yellow out of the back and let me see it. It is gorgeous. I hope I get it before Thanksgiving, I'm going on a week long trip on the 23rd. =/

Edit: Every time I try to check my order status I get a certificate error and Access Denied. D:

lifesizepotato

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
86H61.jpg

:D

Technically ordered on the 7th at 10am CST, but it says the 8th for some reason.

EDIT: Quick question - do they require a signature on these? It doesn't look like it's letting me do a hold for pickup like I usually do with FedEx.

dqgeek

May 11, 2012
Visit site
ZoSo925 said:
"Today the 14th I just get an email saying --

Unfortunately, items in your order are out of stock and are backordered. We will ship them as soon as they are available, and notify you of the shipment by email. We will ship multiple backordered items when all items are in stock.

If your order remains out of stock or backordered for 30 days, your order will be automatically canceled.

You can view the status of your order on AT&T Premier Online Store at any time."

I got the same email, yet when I check my status online, it shows today's date on my phone and sim as the shipping date but with no tracking number yet. Hopefully the tracking number will post shortly. Maybe the email was about the wireless chargers I ordered (crosses fingers) because I can do without the chargers for a little longer.

Edit: Couple of page refreshes later, phone is shipping, guessing chargers are on backorder. :)

Last edited:

ekettwig

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Shipped today delivery on Friday, but......

So I ordered mine on the 7th at about 7am PST through Premier. Order has been processing until about 20 minutes ago when it changed to shipped and listed a tracking number!

Weird thing is when that updated I received an email from Premier telling me that my items are on backorder rather than that they had shipped. Checking the order from the Premier sight rather than the ATT site shows my order still in "Pre-order Processing" either way I am still on the lookout to find one at a Corp ATT or MS store and cancel the preorder today or tomorrow and hoping that if I don't have any luck it will show up Friday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb