Is FedEx leaving package or do you have to sign?

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone isn't coming until Tuesday. I'm going to try and make sure I'm off work but that might not be possible.

Does anyone know if fedex will leave the package or do I have to be here to sign for it?

Thanks

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My phone isn't coming until Tuesday. I'm going to try and make sure I'm off work but that might not be possible.

Does anyone know if fedex will leave the package or do I have to be here to sign for it?

Thanks
You can leave notes for them to drop if off, they will leave package in your front porch.

Jaymil

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
My fed ex guy doesn't even knock on the door.. he just sets the **** in my back yard inside the gate. I've chased him down the street before to ***** at him. 90% of the stuff I order is worth over $200 so I get pissed when he just sets it in the grass for anyone to take or to get rained on.

That said I'm stuck looking out the window waiting for him to show up right now with my lumia and my wife's note 2.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
In my case AT&T didn't require a signature with the delivery. Having said that, the driver would have attempted delivery today at my house and no one would have been there to sign for the package. So a $500 phone just gets left on my front porch. How nice.

This is what I would suggest to anyone that does not have a Lumia 920 delivering to them today - call FedEx. Granted, I may have had mutliple cals in with AT&T and FedEx over the last 36 hours but I ultimately got my package held at the service center. There is absolutely no reason why they couldn't do this on a regular basis. Does AT&T have something in their contract requiring FedEx to make a delivery attempt first prior to holding? Sure, but even those contracts have exclusions. Best practices for AT&T and FedEx probably encourage the use of normal delivery channels unless there is sufficient reason to believe the intended recepient will not be present to get said package.

I should have sent the phone to my employer, but with all the issues I've had with our mail room as of late I didn't want to chance it on a personal delivery. (And get repremanded in the process) Even noting that the ship-to address would have been a business is no guarantee it would arrive in a timely manner.

Disclaimer - the views expressed herein are my own and not those of my employers past and present.

I asked for a supervisor at FedEx but was transferred to someone who proudly proclaimed they were a Customer Advocate. I was kind and patient to her, and gave her no reason to be anything less than cordial to me. In the end I got what I wanted.

What you might consider doing is arguing that by them holding the package at their terminal it avoids them wasting time/engery/expense versus just holding it for customer pick-up.

Sonofdex

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I called FedEx yesterday and asked this question-- they told me the package is NOT signature required. However; this could probably change depending on where you live. (What kind of neighborhood / claim history FedEx has there.)

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Speaking from a UK slant here my favourite courier would be DPD they supply you 2 hours slots for delivery and if you then miss it they make it easy to redeliver. I just wish all firms work liked this.

I am expecting UK FED EX to supply my Surface and it is almost guaranteed to arrive when I am in work. God only knows what happens then!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb