920 annoyance

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else notice that the phone will not turn off if it is charging? I find that a little annoying. But everything else so far I love.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Its not a "problem". It was the way Windows Phone was designed. I don't know the idea behind it, but all Windows Phones turned on when you plugged them in (if they werent already on), and turning them off while being plugged only cause them to turn right back on.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is the same on my GF's 800 too - it seems it's just the way it was made to be, like prjkthack says.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I think it is because the phone syncs wirelessly only when plugged in. And it needs to be on to do that. Even first gen WP7's do that.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if they have to be on in order to properly monitor then limit the charging once they are at 100%? If so that benefits battery life and I don't mind it.

Necroscope

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Funny story.

I ran the battery down on my Quantum while it was plugged in. I was watching Netflix. I did not get a battery warning or anything, just boom, device off. I thought, no big deal, just let it charge back up. 24 hours later - nothing. It just did not seem to be taking a charge. I call AT&T to file a warrenty claim. They handled that just fine, but the tech support guy told me that I should not be using the phone when it is plugged in and that they in fact recommend that it be turned off when charging. I asked him if he knew much about windows phones and he said that he was in fact a high level technical support person for windows phones. I said that I doubted that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon