New red 920: Holy #@%^ this phone is gorgeous

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got my red today and OMG so many things about this phone are beautiful: yes the glossy is a fingerprint magnetic but damn it looks really REALLY good in red IMO. The screen is beautiful, and the HD really shines when viewing web pages. (Wanna see a big difference? Go to news.google.com and view the 'classic', aka desktop version, and compare the 920 to your 900....)

I'm really pleased with how the audio sounds. I am using the beats in-ear phones that came with my HTC One X (oh, the irony...). Turned on Dolby Digital and fiddled with the equalizer and the sound is GREAT. I no longer am wondering if I should have got this or the HTC 8x because of how much I listen to music. (Bonus benefit: the red of the beats headphones is a great match for the red of the phone!)

Having tile size options is fantastic. I can tell I'll be futzing for hours, but already have come up with a layout I really like. Lumia 900 users with time on their contract should REALLY look forward to v7.8 when it brings this to your phone. This feature alone will make it feel like you have a new phone.

Sooooo much more to do, but I wanted to put some more positive vibes out there that the Lumia 920 is a GREAT phone, weight is not an issue if it wasn't for your 900, and if you are getting one soon you're in for a treat.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm really pleased with how the audio sounds. I am using the beats in-ear phones that came with my HTC One X (oh, the irony...). Turned on Dolby Digital and fiddled with the equalizer and the sound is GREAT. I no longer am wondering if I should have got this or the HTC 8x because of how much I listen to music. (Bonus benefit: the red of the beats headphones is a great match for the red of the phone!)

That's great to hear! One of the things i have been waiting to be improved from Lumia 800.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just messed with the red L920 (and cyan, and white, and black) at a Microsoft Store in my area. Suffice it to say those phones are turning heads. So sad that they didn't have the one I want (yellow) :(

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I love the red as a color and it sure looks amazing, but I think Ill just keep my black preorder, cos it feels SO much better in hands and isnt a magnet for fingerprints and smudge.

I really dont like black phones as a color, but I think I will regret it less than the glossy options in the long run. A mattervibrant red and I wouldve been 100% sold!

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
A picture or a few of the phone would be awesome. I have a cyan on order but might consider the red if it doesn't appear to feminine.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Here ya go, taken with my displaced Lumia 900: Will edit and rotate that first one when I get a chance...

WP_000058.jpg

WP_000056.jpg

WP_000057.jpg

Last edited:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
A picture or a few of the phone would be awesome. I have a cyan on order but might consider the red if it doesn't appear to feminine.

Might want to check your nearest Microsoft Store. On the phone they keep insisting they have none, but when I went in, they have every color in stock except yellow. I played with all of them, cyan included. They're all as gorgeous as they seem online. Oh, and they seem no bigger or heavier than my Lumia 900. Then again I lift, bro.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the first pic probably shows best how it'll look in your hand IMO, and you can decide whether or not the estrogen percentage is too high...

;)

ibbyj

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a matte black one today.

Much sleeker than what photos make it look...

Screen is beautiful.

Camera is fast and sharp.

A tad heavy.

Matte is actually less grippy than gloss.

I ALMOST bought the 820 instead, because it felt way nicer in hand, but the camera is the real draw to the 920 for me.

Drugar

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I got a red one today as well, and I agree. It is a beautiful phone! Love the heft and solidness of the phone. Screen is silky smooth and gorgeous !

Why0Why

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I preordered a red one and AT&T in their infinite wisdom shipped it via regular US mail. So much for the guaranteed Friday delivery. I hope it gets here by Monday as I already have my Note sold and it has to ship Monday. The tracking number they gave me is dead too. The one for the charging plate works, but not the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786