Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By KoukiFC3S
  • 1 Post By Stan City

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Considering the big noise they made about nokia maps and nokia drive, is there (or will there be) a car dock for the 920? I would LOVE a Nokia Lumia 920 specific dock for my car!

Global Posts
    2,700 Global Posts
    Can't wait for a car dock with wireless charging.
    alpinestars1z and Drugar like this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Not sure I'll wait for a Nokia branded car dock, but if they did have one coming out soon I would try to order one. The only thing that would prevent me from doing so would be cost. If it is overpriced I will find something just as refined.

I've been using these for years and they are great. I am using the large adjustable until they come out with model specific in about a month.

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices
    alpinestars1z likes this.

i'd love a car dock with qi charging and nfc to trigger nokia drive.

I spend at least 12 hours a week in my car, so it would be helpful.

A 920 specific car dock would be awesome to be sure. I would absolutely get one. Does anyone know if WP8 has a "car mode" like android does where everything goes landscape automatically?
    My smartphone history.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I ended up grabbing this one off of Amazon

link

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ProClip will almost certainly be coming out with a dock soon... they do for pretty much every phone ever and I've been extremely happy with the Lumia 900 and GSIII docks I bought from them. MUCH better than lame windshield mounts.

Device Holders and Dashboard Vehicle Mounts*-*ProClip Car Mounts for Mobile Phones, Tablet, and Handheld Devices
    I'm taking my center console apart & putting a Qi plate in there, that'll be my dock

I think the dock on the WPCentral store looks pretty good: iBOLT ProDock Alumina - Windows Phone Car Mounts - The WP Central Store $29.99 right now.

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I think I'll wait for something like this when I'll have my 920:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...kmkso1_500.jpg

By the way - wireless charging on the dock, seems to be nonsense :) While you will still need a cable to the dock.
    The only good stuff would be NFC activation of some apps and horizontal screen.

This is the official Nokia dash mount. However Nokia doesn't have a store so you have to buy it from a third party and I haven't seen it in the WP Central store. Found it sold here, Nokia Universal Car Holder CR-123 :: MobileFun.com. Just search for Nokia Universal Car Holder CR-123 to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by VaidasV View Post
    I think I'll wait for something like this when I'll have my 920:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0...kmkso1_500.jpg

By the way - wireless charging on the dock, seems to be nonsense :) While you will still need a cable to the dock.
    The only good stuff would be NFC activation of some apps and horizontal screen.
    Agreed. Something is going to have to be plugged in. However, having wireless charging from the dock would eliminate needing to do an extra step when taking the phone out or putting it into the dock. The dock itself can be left plugged in. So from that standpoint, I like the idea of a wireless charging aspect to the dock.

As for the rest, the NFC aspect and the taking everything to landscape mode does appeal to me. It was a very useful thing on my android phone and I already miss it in WP8.
    My smartphone history.

Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    Agreed. Something is going to have to be plugged in. However, having wireless charging from the dock would eliminate needing to do an extra step when taking the phone out or putting it into the dock. The dock itself can be left plugged in. So from that standpoint, I like the idea of a wireless charging aspect to the dock.

The issue I see with the 920 that wasn't there with the 900 is that the audio and charger are now on separate ends. It just looks ridiculous with cables coming of both ends. And even without using it for navigation while it sits in my cupholder, one of those cables will be smashed while it sits there.

Quote Originally Posted by cddigi View Post
    The issue I see with the 920 that wasn't there with the 900 is that the audio and charger are now on separate ends. It just looks ridiculous with cables coming of both ends. And even without using it for navigation while it sits in my cupholder, one of those cables will be smashed while it sits there.

Have to agree, it looks silly. Not sure why they did this. I prefer charge port on side and audio on top.

Quote Originally Posted by cddigi View Post
    Agreed, and it makes it difficult to run the cables together and keep them out of the way. Hopefully, we will not have long to wait for a dock that includes charging and automatic landscape mode!
    My smartphone history.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I use a ProClip for my car. I have one of their more universal ones thats adjustable, it fit my iPhone 5, my Lumia 900 and Galaxy Note. So I assume it will fit my 920 when it comes in.

It looks like this one here:

another vote for proclipusa, I've used them since my Zunes to the Zune HD to all my previous WinMo and WPs and vehicles, getting the 920 as soon as they have the mount made, hopefully they do wireless charging or leave room for the wireless charging plate, the one for my Zune HD and the HD7 had a gap big enough behind the device for me to use adhesive on the plate, maybe this will too.

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalLamer View Post
    ProClip will almost certainly be coming out with a dock soon... they do for pretty much every phone ever and I've been extremely happy with the Lumia 900 and GSIII docks I bought from them. MUCH better than lame windshield mounts.

Yeah, I actually e-mailed them to ask and they said yes they do plan to. They can't give me an exact timeframe because they're busy working on a bunch of docks for other phones too. I think they just said something like 3-4 weeks after the phone's launch.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I want one. I bought a generic one from at&t the other day and it seems as though its not stable enough for my 920, because of the weight.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Any news on this? Hopefully, Nokia comes up with something soon.
    My smartphone history.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMhz View Post
    I use a ProClip for my car. I have one of their more universal ones thats adjustable, it fit my iPhone 5, my Lumia 900 and Galaxy Note. So I assume it will fit my 920 when it comes in.

It looks like this one here: http://www.proclipusa.com/image.aspx...14.jpg-350x350
    I like that. The only concern with the 920 would be the camera button location.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts
    I got the Exomount: