Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

I picked up a black 920 at Best Buy this morning at the AT&T price for a non-contract phone. They only had black. The local AT&T had black and white in stock- they said I could not buy at full price without an existing account (which I don't have).

I ordered my ST micro-sim card last night. I hope it works smoothly. I started this thread for those who have used Straight Talk or are interested in it. I'll keep you posted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially with set.up.

Using the 920 strictly with wifi is great. :)

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    It should work just fine as Straight Talk works on AT&T locked phones.

For anyone looking for an MVNO, Net10 is the same company as Straight Talk.

From what I've seen, Net10 is a little more lenient on data usage, and I think it's slightly cheaper at $45 a month.
    Thanked by:
    yodies and victorious05 like this.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I'm using straight talk with my 920 as I type this.. Working great! Even MMS is working, which seemed hit or miss on my S3, although it works perfectly on my wife's iPhone.

Off to best buy right now to get one!!!!!

Edit: GOT IT!!!!!! ��
    Last edited by TheBadGuy_88; 11-10-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Thanked by:
    S_C_B and victorious05 like this.

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    It should work just fine as Straight Talk works on AT&T locked phones.

For anyone looking for an MVNO, Net10 is the same company as Straight Talk.

From what I've seen, Net10 is a little more lenient on data usage, and I think it's slightly cheaper at $45 a month.
    Net10 is $50/month and StraightTalk is $45/month. Net10 is $45/month with auto-renew.

Quote Originally Posted by rclifton View Post
    I'm using straight talk with my 920 as I type this.. Working great! Even MMS is working, which seemed hit or miss on my S3, although it works perfectly on my wife's iPhone.
    That sounds awesome, rclifton. Did you have to configure any settings for the MMS or did it work right away?

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xplycyt View Post
    That sounds awesome, rclifton. Did you have to configure any settings for the MMS or did it work right away?
    You need to add the apn settings for internet and mms, out of the box with the straighttalk sim in you can make phone calls and that is it. Oddly enough under Cellular in settings there are seperate entries for internet and mms apn's you have to edit each.
    Thanked by:
    victorious05 and kara like this.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victorious05 View Post
    I picked up a black 920 at Best Buy this morning at the AT&T price for a non-contract phone. They only had black. The local AT&T had black and white in stock- they said I could not buy at full price without an existing account (which I don't have).

I ordered my ST micro-sim card last night. I hope it works smoothly. I started this thread for those who have used Straight Talk or are interested in it. I'll keep you posted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially with set.up.

Did they price-match?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    WPCentral's Resident Elitist :D

You need to add the apn settings for internet and mms, out of the box with the straighttalk sim in you can make phone calls and that is it. Oddly enough under Cellular in settings there are seperate entries for internet and mms apn's you have to edit each.
    Please help!!!
    What are the setting for the mms, because I tried the same setting of the iPhone and do not work...

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victorious05 View Post

I am very interested in this. I want to know if you can change the apn settings or if it is not possible because it is a locked phone. Also, please let us know if you can get 4g, picture messages, and regular texts!

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Are you getting 4g? I read mixed messages about 4g and straight talk, some say it works, some say it doesn't.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    How did you get MMS working? I got the internet working by editing the internet apn, and I have 4G speeds. I just don't know what to enter for the MMS settings. Any help? Thanks a lot

Global Posts
    3,206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the_icon12 View Post
    How did you get MMS working? I got the internet working by editing the internet apn, and I have 4G speeds. I just don't know what to enter for the MMS settings. Any help? Thanks a lot
    This will tell you everything you need: Straight Talk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I use Net10, just upgraded from the 900 to the 920. Everything working as well as the 900 including MMS. You will see the 4G icon when on HSPA coverage, you just don't get LTE service.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mase123987 View Post
    This will tell you everything you need: Straight Talk
    The 920's MMS apn settings ask for:
    APN:
    User Name:
    Password:
    Wap gateway:
    Wap gateway port:
    MMSC URL:
    MMSC Port:
    and Max MMS size:
    most of which are not mentioned on the straight talk website. Which is very confusing

I use NET10 so it should be the same APN settings. My mms works after changing to this below.

APN = att.mvno
    User name = blank
    Password = blank
    WAP gateway (URL) = 66.209.11.33
    WAP gateway port = 80
    MMSC (URL) = http://mmsc.cingular.com/
    MMSC port = 80
    Maximum MMS size = blank
    Thanked by:
    Stephan Simon likes this.

The 920's MMS apn settings ask for:
    APN:
    User Name:
    Password:
    Wap gateway:
    Wap gateway port:
    MMSC URL:
    MMSC Port:
    and Max MMS size:
    most of which are not mentioned on the straight talk website. Which is very confusing
    Try downloading the Nokia Network Setup app and follow the instructions at this link:

How to set up Straight Talk MMS & Data with Nokia Network Setup app on Lumia 900 | StraightTalkWindows.com

Too soon for the 920 instruction, but I did this with my 900 and it worked...

Hopefully the process is the same...haven't gotten my 920 (yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Cornercurve View Post
    Try downloading the Nokia Network Setup app and follow the instructions at this link:

How to set up Straight Talk MMS & Data with Nokia Network Setup app on Lumia 900 | StraightTalkWindows.com

Too soon for the 920 instruction, but I did this with my 900 and it worked...

Hopefully the process is the same...haven't gotten my 920 (yet)
    As far as I know, the Network setup app doesnt work on this phone. Just use my settings I posted above. They should work.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by z06tim View Post
    I use NET10 so it should be the same APN settings. My mms works after changing to this below.

APN = att.mvno
    User name = blank
    Password = blank
    WAP gateway (URL) = 66.209.11.33
    WAP gateway port = 80
    MMSC (URL) = http://mmsc.cingular.com/
    MMSC port = 80
    Maximum MMS size = blank
    sigh, that doesn't seem to work..

sigh, that doesn't seem to work..
    Try Removing the http in front of mmsc.cingular.com under mmsc (url), save, and reboot phone..
    TMobile Nokia Lumia 521 (GDR3/Black) - Prepaid Unlimited + 3gb Hotspot
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 520 - Net10 AT&T
    Retired Focus Flash (wp7.8 = 7.10.8862.14)
    Net10/Straight Talk AT&T Apn Data for Samsung Wireless Manager
    WPCentralApp Beta Tester

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jesjav9 View Post
    Please help!!!
    What are the setting for the mms, because I tried the same setting of the iPhone and do not work...
    Sorry, I misspoke it seems. When my wife got home she told me she hadn't received any of my picture messages. I'm still trying to get it to work now that I can test with my wife's phone in front of me.. I'll post back if I get it working.

Quote Originally Posted by kara View Post
    Are you getting 4g? I read mixed messages about 4g and straight talk, some say it works, some say it doesn't.
    This is my first Nokia phone so I'm not sure honestly.. I can't find a speedtest app in the market place that works worth a damn and the mobile one at dslreports.com errors out because it completes to fast. For what it's worth the 4G icon is displayed in the status bar but I don't know if hspa+ is considered 4g as well as LTE. Ifthere is another way to test it let me know and I'll give it a shot.
    Thanked by:
    kara 

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Corepc View Post
    Try Removing the http in front of mmsc.cingular.com under mmsc (url), save, and reboot phone..
    nope, nothing. This is very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by xcharles718 View Post
    Did they price-match?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    They price matched. I got it for $449.99 plus tax. They called the local AT&T to verify the price and that it was in stock. I was fortunate to have a gift card!��

nope, nothing. This is very frustrating
    Remember to delete any old APN info...those APN settings may conflict/override your new APN settings...

(old APN info should be found by going to "settings", then under the "system" column, go to "cellular", then "edit apn")

Hope this works for you
    Last edited by Cornercurve; 11-10-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cornercurve View Post
    remember to delete any old apn info...those apn setting may conflict/override your new apn settings...

(old apn info should be found by going to "settings", then under the "system" column, go to "cellular", then "edit apn")

hope this works for you
    dear god yes thank you
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast