Trying Straight Talk w my 920

victorious05

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a black 920 at Best Buy this morning at the AT&T price for a non-contract phone. They only had black. The local AT&T had black and white in stock- they said I could not buy at full price without an existing account (which I don't have).

I ordered my ST micro-sim card last night. I hope it works smoothly. I started this thread for those who have used Straight Talk or are interested in it. I'll keep you posted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially with set.up.

Using the 920 strictly with wifi is great. :)

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
It should work just fine as Straight Talk works on AT&T locked phones.

For anyone looking for an MVNO, Net10 is the same company as Straight Talk.

From what I've seen, Net10 is a little more lenient on data usage, and I think it's slightly cheaper at $45 a month.

rclifton

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm using straight talk with my 920 as I type this.. Working great! Even MMS is working, which seemed hit or miss on my S3, although it works perfectly on my wife's iPhone.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
It should work just fine as Straight Talk works on AT&T locked phones.

For anyone looking for an MVNO, Net10 is the same company as Straight Talk.

From what I've seen, Net10 is a little more lenient on data usage, and I think it's slightly cheaper at $45 a month.

Net10 is $50/month and StraightTalk is $45/month. Net10 is $45/month with auto-renew.

xplycyt

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm using straight talk with my 920 as I type this.. Working great! Even MMS is working, which seemed hit or miss on my S3, although it works perfectly on my wife's iPhone.
That sounds awesome, rclifton. Did you have to configure any settings for the MMS or did it work right away?

rclifton

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
That sounds awesome, rclifton. Did you have to configure any settings for the MMS or did it work right away?

You need to add the apn settings for internet and mms, out of the box with the straighttalk sim in you can make phone calls and that is it. Oddly enough under Cellular in settings there are seperate entries for internet and mms apn's you have to edit each.

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a black 920 at Best Buy this morning at the AT&T price for a non-contract phone. They only had black. The local AT&T had black and white in stock- they said I could not buy at full price without an existing account (which I don't have).

I ordered my ST micro-sim card last night. I hope it works smoothly. I started this thread for those who have used Straight Talk or are interested in it. I'll keep you posted. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially with set.up.

Did they price-match?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jesjav9

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
You need to add the apn settings for internet and mms, out of the box with the straighttalk sim in you can make phone calls and that is it. Oddly enough under Cellular in settings there are seperate entries for internet and mms apn's you have to edit each.

Please help!!!
What are the setting for the mms, because I tried the same setting of the iPhone and do not work...

kara

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I am very interested in this. I want to know if you can change the apn settings or if it is not possible because it is a locked phone. Also, please let us know if you can get 4g, picture messages, and regular texts!

kara

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you getting 4g? I read mixed messages about 4g and straight talk, some say it works, some say it doesn't.

the_icon12

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
How did you get MMS working? I got the internet working by editing the internet apn, and I have 4G speeds. I just don't know what to enter for the MMS settings. Any help? Thanks a lot

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Net10, just upgraded from the 900 to the 920. Everything working as well as the 900 including MMS. You will see the 4G icon when on HSPA coverage, you just don't get LTE service.

z06tim

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I use NET10 so it should be the same APN settings. My mms works after changing to this below.

APN = att.mvno
User name = blank
Password = blank
WAP gateway (URL) = 66.209.11.33
WAP gateway port = 80
MMSC (URL) = http://mmsc.cingular.com/
MMSC port = 80
Maximum MMS size = blank

Cornercurve

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
The 920's MMS apn settings ask for:
APN:
User Name:
Password:
Wap gateway:
Wap gateway port:
MMSC URL:
MMSC Port:
and Max MMS size:
most of which are not mentioned on the straight talk website. Which is very confusing :confused:
Try downloading the Nokia Network Setup app and follow the instructions at this link:

How to set up Straight Talk MMS & Data with Nokia Network Setup app on Lumia 900 | StraightTalkWindows.com

Too soon for the 920 instruction, but I did this with my 900 and it worked...

Hopefully the process is the same...haven't gotten my 920 (yet)

z06tim

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb