New Lumia 920 - Runs hot

tangobravozab

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my Lumia 920 at the AT&T Store this morning. It is running quite hot, hot enough that I can feel the heat through my jeans pocket. It's hotter on the top half of the phone (on the back side) than at the bottom.

Anyone else experience this problem?

tangobravozab

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that it takes forever for the battery to charge, but it drains quite quickly when in use. I'm thinking the battery and/or phone is defective.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend checking certain settings (xbox live off, chat status, etc.). Also, if you were syncing large amounts of data (contacts, mail, calendar, etc.) it is usually best to reboot when it's done as that uses a lot of memory/power.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
If it stays really hot, exchange it. You may need to wait for more shipments, depending on where you live, but this happened to me with my first Lumia 900. Of course, I also went through 3 iPhone 3Gs and 2 iPhone 4s with various defects. The manufacturing process isn't perfect, after all, for any manufacturer.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine gets hot depending on the use - in general it's cool but if I do heavy browsing - or use the GPS - it gets quite warm... though not to the extreme where you can't hold it. But noticeably hot nonetheless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss