Vibrate makes it sound like it is falling apart

Ushae

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm also experiencing the same thing guys, at first I thought I just wasn't used to another phone. But it really does 'rattle' when it vibrates. It's horrible because the rest of the phone is quite brilliant.

Has anyone exchanged their phone and got another that has no issue? So I'll know if its a design defect, and save myself the trip.

Thanks,

U

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
floating lens... am I the only one who expected this? I don't see it as a problem BUT people should have expected the vibration to rattle with a floating lens.

roxxette

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you guys get that rattle even if you hold the phone or in pockets ? Anyway i dont think its a problem, ive seen other phones do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Coworker claims his 920 doesn't rattle/buzz, I'll do a comparison tomorrow at work. If his truly is rattle-free, I'll try to get a comparison video.

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
floating lens... am I the only one who expected this? I don't see it as a problem BUT people should have expected the vibration to rattle with a floating lens.

sorry but that's rubbish. Other Nokia phones including the older Lumias rattle as well, and they don't have the OIS tech of the 920. I doubt the floating lens is unsuspended when not in use anyway, kind of how a hard drive arm parks at the side when done to not damage the disks if suddenly moved

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same thing, my phone was laying on the table and my wife asked if it was broken. I'm going to hold off on returning it due to this thread. It does seem like it makes the phone better in pocket at actually feeling the phone, my IPhone4 I don't really feel sometimes.

Kelly Prophet

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The title says it all. Whenever the phone vibrates it sounds like something is rattling inside. I've tried holding in the SIM card tray but that wasn't it. It isn't the buttons on the side.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: Adding video of it here.

Click to view quoted video

EDIT 2: Yes, we get that not everyone has this issue or might not be bothered by it. We're still trying to figure it out.
Just sounds like the ceramic buttons vibrating to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Mine sounds the same. If anything I thought it was too quiet. Maybe my iPhone 4 was just really loud because of the case it had or something... dunno.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Guys, go back and change your phones, I got a Black one on Launch day, it had the loud rattle issue, did and exchange cuz it has dust under the camera lens, that one did had the rattle issue as well, today I went to the store to swap for a White one( I was waiting for the manager to call me) it was a new shipment they got today, this White one is perfect, no rattle at all.

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Just to quell my paranoia, I wanted to see if the slight rattle I hear when my phone vibrates is normal for the Lumia 920. I went to two different AT&T stores in my area, and tested out four display models. They all make the same exact slight rattle when they vibrate.

I think that's pretty good evidence that this is how the phone is supposed to sound.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow, obviously some of you aren't paying attention lol, this is NOT normal. Wasn't normal on the 900, isn't normal on the 920. The many users who have proper devices are proof of this. My original 900 rattled, 4 weeks & 14 devices later, I got one that didn't

InnocuousScreenname

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I sent an email to Nokia Support asking about the vibration/rattle thing.

Just to be clear, the vibration on my Lumia doesn't bother me at all. I do, however, want to know if my device is defective. If it's defective, and the defect may cause issues down the road, I'd replace it.

Anyhow, I emailed Nokia Customer support, and I've attached a screen shot of Nokia's response.

I guess I'll forgive their misspelling of "rattling". They're Finnish, after all.

This response, along with checking out the demos at a couple of stores exhibiting the same vibration rattle, leads me to believe that these are how the phones are made.

And to those who believe otherwise...hope you find/have found a device you enjoy.

Shane

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
The top by the headphone jack was loose. I could press down on it and it would pop. It also had a few dead pixels.
I think you hit the nail on the head with this. The top of my phone pops and creaks near the headphone jack if you push straight down. The bottom of the phone is not loose like this. This could be the exact cause of the vibration rattle. The case is not seated properly at the top of the phone causing it to rattle when set to vibrate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro