Vibrate makes it sound like it is falling apart

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine has a slight rattle as well, didn't really worry me though. I'll keep using it for a week. If it gets worse then I might consider exchanging it. I had just assumed it would get better over time, once the mechanical parts wore in.

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not all nokia phones rattle when they vibrate. In fact, the first time I heard that was with the 900 .. and Nokia phones have been vibrating across the globe for decades before that :)

that doesn't excuse it for soundling like cheap crap, really.

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised that my 920 did NOT rattle like my 900 did. Now that I'm reading how many people's 920s are rattling too I'm even more surprised.

It never really bothered me on the 900 in any case. As a prior post pointed out, it makes for a very noticeable vibrate, which I appreciate.

In any case, it seems like many, but not all, 920s sound the same way.

Residing

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol! Personally, I would welcome a rattle for the vibrate on my phone. I currently use a N8, and the vibrate is virtually non existant since I purchased it - it is very faint. My pay go phone even had a more substantial vibrate than my N8. I've heard the Blackberry vibrate fumction, and I think it's ideal.

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I've got the same thing (it's actually the only reason I found/signed up for this forum), I was excitedly playing with the phone and a call came in and I couldn't believe how terrible the vibration sounded. It sounds like there's a thin air gap between the back of the case and the vibrating motor, and it's just rattling against the case. I think I'm going to head back to ATT today and see about an exchange, it really makes the phone feel/sound like cheap hardware.

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
I might go in and do this in a few days because the only way I could live with this for anything long term is to turn off the vibrate function.

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I went in to the store, both of the display models and both of the stocked models had the exact same sound.
I went ahead and replaced anyway since I think I may have had a faulty battery (only charged from 23 -> 97% in 9+ hours. first time I plugged it in it went from 14 -> 17% in 2 hours).
Not too happy about the vibration, but we'll see if it either stops bothering me or becomes less buzzy.

Last edited:

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Must be. I guess we have no say on the quality of something we pay for.

Anyway, just went to AT&T, they had one left & it did the same thing. I'm going to go back in a week.

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
so I guess the sound it produces is considered normal, that rules the phone out for me. Is it too much to want a clean vibrate? Feature phones did this for years and years, I don't see why we have to take steps back here

karl11

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea I noticed this too. The phone seems to heat up after the vibrate also. It seems to vibrate longer than my HTC Surround did.

dlrohm

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
What I don't understand about all of this is that MS/Nokia gave out these phones to everyone at Build and not a single person mentions the vibrate oddness? Nothing was even mentioned in Daniel's review here on WPCentral. No one experienced this except for people who bought the phone on launch day? Seems a bit hard to believe.

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
What I don't understand about all of this is that MS/Nokia gave out these phones to everyone at Build and not a single person mentions the vibrate oddness? Nothing was even mentioned in Daniel's review here on WPCentral. No one experienced this except for people who bought the phone on launch day? Seems a bit hard to believe.

That's exactly what I was thinking and is why I think the phone shouldn't be doing this. If the motor was this loud on the review units, it most likely would have been mentioned.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99