Vibrate makes it sound like it is falling apart

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
The title says it all. Whenever the phone vibrates it sounds like something is rattling inside. I've tried holding in the SIM card tray but that wasn't it. It isn't the buttons on the side.

Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: Adding video of it here.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsw3cwkNRng[/YT]

EDIT 2: Yes, we get that not everyone has this issue or might not be bothered by it. We're still trying to figure it out.

Last edited:

EugB

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I recall my 900 did the same thing when new. Not sure when it just became a normal vibration, but there must be a break in period...

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Could it be due to the camera being mounted on springs?

Like said this was on Lumia 900 as well. I think it could be more about how Nokia in general builds the poly unibody.
That said i don't think i have this same problem on my Lumia 800 and N9, not that i have at least noticed it.

Ron Paul

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am so pleased with the vibration of this phone. Never again will I miss a call or text while the phone is on vibrate in my baggy pockets. HOORAY! Every other phone I have owned had terribly weak vibrations (HTC Titan, Motorola Atrix, iPhone 4 and 3G).

laserfloyd

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably going to exchange mine tomorrow. 99.9999% perfect phone but that damn rattle. Loud is one thing but it sounds like a bottomed out speaker. It'd be nice if we had a setting to adjust the intensity. On some vibrations it's a nice soft hum. On others its bone jarring. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3