FYI Palm Touchstone Chargers work on 920

xwingband

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get the charging plate in the store... it totally phased me to even ask. I'll let the dust settle a little more on this since I bought it off contract and I'm seeing all kind of stuff conflicting with that.

Well... my last phone was an HP Pre 3 (and I had each Pre iteration before that) that uses their wireless touchstone chargers. Same idea, wireless inductive charging. I tried it on my new 920.

It worked!!! It may not be as efficient (can't tell until I tested both) but it does charge the phone. It is by no means secure since the palm phones used magnets to hold them, but I'm thinking I'll hack together my own charging plates. Palm touchstones are dirt cheap and I already have three of them.

xwingband

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Palm Touchstone is not a Qi charger. So it's definitely interesting that it's working. I have access at my school to a laser cutter so I may taken one apart and fab up my own charging plate.:D

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
That is awesome. I am thinking I could build a simple doc that would cradle the phone and the tonight touchstone so I can just drop the phone on it. Wonder how well it charges.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Not only the original Touchstone works, but also the one for their tablet.

If you prop the Touchpad's Touchstone up into a stand, it doesn't work, because you need to put the phone upside down to get them to line up properly. However, if you fold it flat, it's perfect:

b8wbx0.jpg

And just for kicks:

2q8zxqs.jpg

Edit: Wait, too good to be true. It turns on the charging indicator, and makes the tone that it's charging, but the battery still appears to be draining.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tharika1234