Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Stadifer
  • 2 Post By amarshonarbangla
  • 3 Post By VagrantWade

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    I find it entertaining that other electronics review & gadget sites have posted their "WP8/Lumia is out today!" threads and seeing who got it and what they though. What does Gizmodo publish? Nothing more than an article about their thoughts on the end of Nokia with how they are launching the Lumia 920.

Oh how Gawker's Microsoft & Nokia hate goes so deep...

Is Nokia Committing Retail Suicide?
    KoukiFC3S and tissotti like this.
    The quality of these Gawker articles go down everyday.
    KoukiFC3S and alex6272 like this.

It's this Sam Biddle guy. His hatred for Microsoft and anything related to Microsoft is amazing.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I like most of the hawker sites. Gizmodo isn't so great though.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Didn't you see their negative 1 billion stars review of the Surface RT? Not surprising. I would just ignore it.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    And guess what. You people keep linking to their articles giving them hits/money. Everyone knows Gawker is ****. Now let it die.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    And guess what. You people keep linking to their articles giving them hits/money. Everyone knows Gawker is ****. Now let it die.
    Exactly. Best way to fight against these is to ignore them. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post

Exactly. Linking to their turd articles only gives them more hits and encourages them to keep writing more turd articles. BTW, they are once again getting torched in the comment section...

Quote Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla View Post
    The quality of these Gawker articles go down everyday.
    I don't know about that... Fleshbot keeps me entertained.

Global Posts
    2,061 Global Posts
    Jizzmodo is a rag. Hopefully the Lumias will sell well this weekend and serve notice to the smartphone world.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

That's when you know you are being successful... When everyone starts piling on and taking cheap shots... Must be scary for them to see Nokia and MS team up for what could be a real game changer.

MS has done a great job of manoevering quickly and came up with an OS that directly addresses the way people access content now. Absolutely Apple and Google beat them to the punch, but MS really responded. MS and Nokia BOTH recognized a good deal and bet on EACH OTHER. It's great for the ecosystem to have other partners...Samsung and HTC (others will follow), but MS and Nokia are THE players in this game right now.

I really appreciated the blog entry today about the financial apps. That has also been a big deal for some... Access to a Chase or Paypal App. Heck, I'll use the Chase App. Was also happy to Etrade in there. Exclusive Red Bull app... yep, the apps are coming as well as new customers. These guys (Nokia and MS) need to keep their foot on the gas though and keep executing.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Gizmodo is nothing but another iMarketing website. There are so many other sources to get your info from.