Nokia map traffic and target shape..

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
First of all... **** YEAH!!
The wait is finally over.. I had to wait an hour and a half this morning at the AT&T store to get this but it was well worth it.

Such a beautiful phone.. very responsive and quick.. smooth as butter.

Couple things I want to ask.

1. What that target shaped mark next to battery bar?
2. In nokia map, when I add traffic in layer, it doesn't show the traffic. I've tried it a few times but it still doesn't.

Thanks in advance.

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is a stupid question but how does it know how the traffic is?

if you turn on the traffic, you will see red, yellow, orange colored street/freeway depending on the traffic condition.

That said, I still don't get the traffic report.. Or did my wish come true and am I living in a traffic-less Los Angeles?? :)

Also, when does the GPS gets turned on?? I've noticed it was on all day yesterday (thus my battery drained quickly) and it's off today.

muhan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
In Nokia maps, I only get traffic conditions for freeways, not on local streets. I'm in los angeles and bing maps shows lots of traffic on local streets. Anyone else notice this issue?

If nokia maps does not have local street traffic i'm going to have to return this phone and go with something else.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
In Nokia maps, I only get traffic conditions for freeways, not on local streets. I'm in los angeles and bing maps shows lots of traffic on local streets. Anyone else notice this issue?

If nokia maps does not have local street traffic i'm going to have to return this phone and go with something else.

I don't see street traffic either.

psyberjay

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I live in Los Angeles as well.. And I don't see street that traffic either in Nokia map. And yes, I had it in Bing map on my first Gen focus. What happened to Bing map??

muhan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I live in Los Angeles as well.. And I don't see street that traffic either in Nokia map. And yes, I had it in Bing map on my first Gen focus. What happened to Bing map??

Bing maps is still on the phone. I think Nokia just made it now show up in the app list. You can start bing maps by going to a contact in the people hub and tapping "map home address". This is assuming of course that the contact has a home address. Map work address opens bing maps as well.

rakocool

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
maps does not have local street traffic i'm going to have to return this phone and go with something else.

Try using INRIX traffic app

leonbelize

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Bing maps is still on the phone. I think Nokia just made it now show up in the app list. You can start bing maps by going to a contact in the people hub and tapping "map home address". This is assuming of course that the contact has a home address. Map work address opens bing maps as well.
I have the same issue. Thanks for the tip about Bing maps. I usually check traffic before and after work. Nokia Maps doesn't show it to me and Nokia Drive doesn't seem to take into account traffic. It seems to send me to the closest freeway always??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)