Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    Anyone using a case on their 920 and the charging plate?

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I would like to know this as well. I got the black SPECK case with my White Lumina 920 I picked up yesterday.

Global Posts
    674 Global Posts
    Bump, anyone try this yet?

Global Posts
    8,064 Global Posts
    I can tell you with certainty from using Palm phones and the Touchstone in the past that it depends on the thickness and material of the case. You're not going to be able to get one blanket answer for this.
    It *should* work with most cases. I was able to get just under 1/2" material between the phone and the charger before the connection got spotty.

Yeah seems like the charging has about a 1" range or slightly less so unless the case is metal perhaps (not sure if that would screw with the induction, but I imagine it might) a rubber/plastic type case should be fine.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Works fine. Most likely any case made for this phone will be fine as Qi wireless charging is a standard and has known tolerances for distance from the charger in relation to charging efficiency.

yes, mine works with one of those TPU Soft cover case

I just picked up the speck case last night and the charging plate worked fine with it on.

My HTC 8x works well with a LG universal charging pad with a hard case.
    Banned

Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Instead of a case in the general sense which it wraps around the back, why not a screen protector / case that wraps around the front? It would offer anti-glare properties or even a privacy screen which gives the Lumia a bit of cushion should it be, I don't know, dropped two feet above the ground as some poor guy is trying to climb out of his Honda Civic.