Just got a 920, list WP7 / WP8 incompatabilities here..

GlennEdwards

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I got my Black Lumia 920 today from Phones4U, got it all set up, and then found a few issues with some of the apps, that work fin on Windows Phone 7.x

Here's a starter for 10:

Cut The Rope
4 out of 5 times when launched I see a weird rainbow coloured rectangle in the top right corner of the screen with a progress bar. After that I get a black screen and the menu screen audio plays in the background. If I tap the screen in the right place, then menu items (that I can't see) get selected.

Pinning a tile to the start screen for this game also shows weirdness. Pin the game tile, then launch the game. If you get the black screen issue, then press Start to go back to the start screen, and observe the "blank" area where your "Cut The Rope" tile was and still is. Tapping the black area where the tile was, still launches the games?

This is a brand new game, and doesn't work on Windows Phone 8. Please get this fixed asap.

Tentacles
This game isn't even available to install, and cannot be found in the Windows Phone 8 store? Yet on my wife's WP7.x phone it's there, and installs fine. Shared the app link, and sent it to my 920. The marketplace details for the game say that it is not available for my device!!??? WHat!! Tentacles is a great game. Compatability isn't looking too good now is it.

Crimson Dragon: Side Story
As Tentacles. Cannot be found in the Windows Phone 8 store, but can be found in the 7.x marketplace. Same issue as Tentacles..

I'm sure there are more apps that "cannot be found", or where they are found do not work correctly.

Glenn

masterdimar

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi Glenn!!! Could you do me a favour?

Could you tell me if you can find and download the game Cosmorphosis?

It's my game and I don't have a wp8 to test it.

thanks a lot

Pablo

Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express

z06tim

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi Glenn!!! Could you do me a favour?

Could you tell me if you can find and download the game Cosmorphosis?

It's my game and I don't have a wp8 to test it.

thanks a lot

Pablo

Sent from my LG-E900h using Board Express

Cosmorphosis, is findable and playable on wp8. I just downloaded the try not buy option.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I got my Black Lumia 920 today from Phones4U, got it all set up, and then found a few issues with some of the apps, that work fin on Windows Phone 7.x

Here's a starter for 10:

Cut The Rope
4 out of 5 times when launched I see a weird rainbow coloured rectangle in the top right corner of the screen with a progress bar. After that I get a black screen and the menu screen audio plays in the background. If I tap the screen in the right place, then menu items (that I can't see) get selected.

Pinning a tile to the start screen for this game also shows weirdness. Pin the game tile, then launch the game. If you get the black screen issue, then press Start to go back to the start screen, and observe the "blank" area where your "Cut The Rope" tile was and still is. Tapping the black area where the tile was, still launches the games?

This is a brand new game, and doesn't work on Windows Phone 8. Please get this fixed asap.

Tentacles
This game isn't even available to install, and cannot be found in the Windows Phone 8 store? Yet on my wife's WP7.x phone it's there, and installs fine. Shared the app link, and sent it to my 920. The marketplace details for the game say that it is not available for my device!!??? WHat!! Tentacles is a great game. Compatability isn't looking too good now is it.

Crimson Dragon: Side Story
As Tentacles. Cannot be found in the Windows Phone 8 store, but can be found in the 7.x marketplace. Same issue as Tentacles..

I'm sure there are more apps that "cannot be found", or where they are found do not work correctly.

Glenn

Yeah I miss tentacles too. And Splinter Cell. That stung it not being downloadable yet

GlennEdwards

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping that the lack of availability of certain titles in the WP8 store is a sign that they are aware of the issue, and are fixing them, ready for a release in the near future.

As for "Cut The Rope", that needs to be remove from the WP8 store, as it plainly doesn't work on WP8

Los

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Tentacles is definitely missing. I'm kinda upset cause that's my fav game. You can add The Harvest to the list too

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Cut the Rope does work. Unfortunately, ZeptoLab doesn't have an immediate solution for this issue. Some problems are caused by the lack of the memory which can be fixed by restarting the device, so that's the best advice I can give at the moment. They said if you bought our application through Nokia Ovi Store, you can request a refund through Nokia customer support service: Contact us - Contact Nokia Support - Nokia - USA

Other games/apps I noticed areTentacles as mentioned, Feed Me Oil, Full House Poker, Shuffle Party, The Harvest... Photosynth and TuneIn Radio as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes