Touchstone docks on Amazon

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Just letting people know that you can get a touchstone dock without usb cable or outlet plug (but most of us have extras lying around) for about $6 shipped on Amazon. Another user said these work with the 920 so this would be great option. I am considering buying a few and then selling the 920 charging pad (when it comes) on ebay or craigslist.

xwingband

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This is not an off the shelf option. The touchstone for phones used magnets to hold the phones to the touchstone. So the slope of them doesn't really work at all. It's a fragile connection at best.

I did on a lark put it on my touchpad (tablet) touchstone and it works there too, but isn't too flexible in position. That might be the easier donor to making a better fitting one if you have the tools and skills to make something.

xwingband

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it doesn't.

Don't be obtuse... It does. I put it on both my phone and tablet touchstones and it could charge from both. Like I said earlier it doesn't sit well, but if you want to be a jerk about it I'll make a video to show it does.

Last edited:

czubakow

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
it works pretty well for me if i put my touchstone tablet stand flat on a table and put the phone on the top half. the stand lies completely flat when it's folded, which is nice

xwingband

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Dang, yeah I didn't keep it on there for long so I didn't notice it wasn't actually charging it. Left it on for an hour and nothing. Bummer... the Qi standard must do some sort of "handshake" to actually tell the charger to send the current.

xwingband

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Did some research and the LG WCP-700 is Qi compatible and doesn't look like junk. Same price as the energizer single one, but not ugly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett