We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 21 of 21
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Frek
  • 1 Post By Beltelmel
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 2 Post By krisguy
  • 1 Post By fwaits
  1. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    So as of now I am loving this matte black 920. But I am just wondering how the 14 day return policy works. If I decide I do not want to stick with the color before the 14 days is up, can I exchange and pay a restock fee? Or do you have to have some non aesthetic reason for doing so?
  2. Frek's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    What was explained to me was that I could return the phone for any reason within 14 days, but I'd be charged a restocking fee. So it doesn't matter what your reason is.
    VagrantWade likes this.
  3. Beltelmel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Restocking fee for a return, but what about for an exchange?
    VagrantWade likes this.
  4. vizagdude's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltelmel View Post
    Restocking fee for a return, but what about for an exchange?
    An exchange is not charged a restocking fee as long as you are exchanging it to the same color due to some manufacturing defect with your current device.

    If you are exchange it for the reason you did not like the color, they would charge you the restocking fee.
  5. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltelmel View Post
    Restocking fee for a return, but what about for an exchange?
    Basically what I was wondering. I would assume they wouldn't mind considering they are still keeping your contract by doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by vizagdude View Post
    An exchange is not charged a restocking fee as long as you are exchanging it to the same color due to some manufacturing defect with your current device.

    If you are exchange it for the reason you did not like the color, they would charge you the restocking fee.

    The restocking fee is just like $25 though right?
  6. palandri's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,589 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    Basically what I was wondering. I would assume they wouldn't mind considering they are still keeping your contract by doing so.




    The restocking fee is just like $25 though right?
    I think I read it was $35
    VagrantWade likes this.
  7. Dreamagain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    i think the guy said at best buy i can return the phone for anything else for 30 days no charge
  8. krisguy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    It's $35 if you buy it from AT&T. (Disclaimer: I work in a COR AT&T store, but this post is all me).

    BTW, I got a yellow one as my company phone today. Big Bird ain't got nothing on this love.
  9. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,119 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by krisguy View Post
    It's $35 if you buy it from AT&T. (Disclaimer: I work in a COR AT&T store, but this post is all me).

    BTW, I got a yellow one as my company phone today. Big Bird ain't got nothing on this love.
    Click to view quoted image
    So how come so many AT&T and Microsoft Store employees got yellow L920s but none are available for sale in-store?
  10. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by krisguy View Post
    It's $35 if you buy it from AT&T. (Disclaimer: I work in a COR AT&T store, but this post is all me).

    BTW, I got a yellow one as my company phone today. Big Bird ain't got nothing on this love.
    Click to view quoted image
    Awesome thank you.
  11. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    So as of now I am loving this matte black 920. But I am just wondering how the 14 day return policy works. If I decide I do not want to stick with the color before the 14 days is up, can I exchange and pay a restock fee? Or do you have to have some non aesthetic reason for doing so?
    Shouldn't have canceled the original order man. My cyan shipped today finally.
  12. fwaits's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    876 Posts
    Global Posts
    971 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hasasimo View Post
    So how come so many AT&T and Microsoft Store employees got yellow L920s but none are available for sale in-store?
    Maybe you answered your own question right there. =)
    lordofthereef likes this.
  13. hasasimo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,916 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,119 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
    Maybe you answered your own question right there. =)
    If it was a matter of volume, you'd think there'd be one or two extra lying around to sell... not so if this forum is anything to go by.
  14. krisguy's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    80 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Honestly, black and white sell the most no matter what the phone is...I hardly ever sold a cyan 900 because for the average guy, it was off-putting. Red should sell well here (I'm in Nebraska), but I don't know about cyan and yellow. They are available online, plus I can order them and have them shipped as well, just like any AT&T store.
  15. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    Shouldn't have canceled the original order man. My cyan shipped today finally.
    I think I like the matte black with cyan tiles more. If the entire phone is Cyan I wouldn't really like having my tiles any other color.
  16. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    I think I like the matte black with cyan tiles more. If the entire phone is Cyan I wouldn't really like having my tiles any other color.
    I've heard this argument before. Sounds similar to the weight issue to me. But to each his own.

    Hope you're enjoying the phone. Cant wait to get mine.
  17. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    I've heard this argument before. Sounds similar to the weight issue to me. But to each his own.

    Hope you're enjoying the phone. Cant wait to get mine.
    How is it in anyway similar to a weight issue? One is a personal aesthetic taste, and the other is a physical claim.

    I already have a surface with a cyan touch cover and a cyan wireless mouse to go along with it. If my entire phone was cyan, that much cyan might put me into a cyan coma.
    Last edited by VagrantWade; 11-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.
  18. Guitarpik's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    273 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by VagrantWade View Post
    How is it in anyway similar to a weight issue? One is a personal aesthetic taste, and the other is a physical claim.

    I already have a surface with a cyan touch cover and a cyan wireless mouse to go along with it. If my entire phone was cyan that might just cyan my break into a comma.
    Lol yea I can see too much cyan getting kinda nauseating.

    I just kinda meant its pretty much a non issue to me what color the very thin border of the phone is along with the tiles. But I'm not into fashion at all either ;)
  19. CaymanDreamin's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by krisguy View Post
    It's $35 if you buy it from AT&T. (Disclaimer: I work in a COR AT&T store, but this post is all me).

    @krisguy. I picked up my white 920 at a corp store yesterday and then less than 12 hours later dropped it and shattered the screen. Do I have to go through the insurance or can I take it into the store when they open? And either way, can I get the black matte one as a replacement so it isn't as slippery in the hand?
  20. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    25,681 Posts
    Global Posts
    47,780 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by krisguy View Post
    Honestly, black and white sell the most no matter what the phone is...I hardly ever sold a cyan 900 because for the average guy, it was off-putting. Red should sell well here (I'm in Nebraska), but I don't know about cyan and yellow. They are available online, plus I can order them and have them shipped as well, just like any AT&T store.
    I think it all depends on location in many cases. Lots of guys (and gals too) are sports fans. Red would probably be a big seller in Nebraska (Cornhuskers), Ohio (Buckeyes/Cincinnati Reds), California (Stanford), Boston (Red Sox), Chicago (Bulls).

    Cyan would appeal to folks in California (Bruins), Miami (Dolphins).

    Yellow would be perfect for people in Pittsburgh (Steelers), LA (Lakers), Iowa (Hawkeyes).
  21. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,400 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitarpik View Post
    Lol yea I can see too much cyan getting kinda nauseating.

    I just kinda meant its pretty much a non issue to me what color the very thin border of the phone is along with the tiles. But I'm not into fashion at all either ;)
    I'm surprised you were able to tell what I was saying. No idea what happened with my sentence but it got destroyed at some point lol.

    And like I said, I don't anticipate wanting to take my black back at any point. I am just wondering what my options are since I did just renew a 2 year contract for the first time in like 4 years. The only problem I am having with black, which may sound weird, is that with the matte, it's almost TOO black. By that I mean like in the dark, sometimes it's hard to tell the orientation of the phone. And if it's really dark, it can be touch to tell the boundaries of the phone and I almost feel like I'm going to drop it.

    Other than that it looks amazing with any tile color you use in dark/light or high contract. Which I like.

Posting Permissions

";