Lumia 920 not installing on Windows 7?

Soylent Red

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I get an error when I plug it in that the driver cannot be found. It shows up in device manager as "RM-820|Nokia Lumia 920".

I have Zune software installed. Tried to update the driver with Windows Update, but it doesn't find anything.

Btw, Windows 7 is 64-bit.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I get an error when I plug it in that the driver cannot be found. It shows up in device manager as "RM-820|Nokia Lumia 920".

I have Zune software installed. Tried to update the driver with Windows Update, but it doesn't find anything.

Btw, Windows 7 is 64-bit.
You'll need this: Windows Phone Support | Xbox LIVE, Windows Live, & Zune | Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone (United States)

Zune will not work for Windows Phone 8. The software that I linked works for both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Drhent

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I get the same thing in Windows 8 64 bit. and have the software downloaded. says it can't find the drivers. Have looked for a drivers folder. Loaded right up on the Surface though.

sirepa

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
i have a similar problem
the first time i plugged in my lumia 920, it popped right up and i got some music on there, and today i wanted to throw some more on. however, i tried with two win 7 64-bit PC's and neither of them found my lumia, but it was still charging...is there a fix yet?

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I get the same thing in Windows 8 64 bit. and have the software downloaded. says it can't find the drivers. Have looked for a drivers folder. Loaded right up on the Surface though.

I've got 64 bit Windows 8 installed on my PC and had no issues.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think Windows 8 is calling some of you guys. Lol 😜 - It's only $40 to upgrade. The performance improvements alone is worth the price.

PeterFnet

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry MaulerX, but that's quite possibly the worst reason to update. What if he spends 40 bucks just to find out there is another problem that's causing his issue?

Windows 7 is still supported and will/should receive attention from Microsoft which is why they released this tool to begin with, this is not Windows 98 SE.

I'm still upset that I was forced to update to Windows 8 to install the developer tools for Windows Phone. Then I come to find out later that Microsoft will not be supporting older Media Center extenders on Windows 8.

Nikolas Falco

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Me too (lumia 620).
  • Windows 7 64bit
  • Windows Phone App Preview 3
  • .NET Framework 4.5
Connect phone to PC ... "MTP USB Driver" Fails.
The same removing SD card, rebooting PC or Phone (still and not connected to PC) no gain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99