Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I get an error when I plug it in that the driver cannot be found. It shows up in device manager as "RM-820|Nokia Lumia 920".

I have Zune software installed. Tried to update the driver with Windows Update, but it doesn't find anything.

Btw, Windows 7 is 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by soylent View Post
    I get an error when I plug it in that the driver cannot be found. It shows up in device manager as "RM-820|Nokia Lumia 920".

I have Zune software installed. Tried to update the driver with Windows Update, but it doesn't find anything.

Btw, Windows 7 is 64-bit.
    You'll need this: Windows Phone Support | Xbox LIVE, Windows Live, & Zune | Windows Phone 7 | Windows Phone (United States)

Zune will not work for Windows Phone 8. The software that I linked works for both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I get the same thing in Windows 8 64 bit. and have the software downloaded. says it can't find the drivers. Have looked for a drivers folder. Loaded right up on the Surface though.

i have a similar problem
    the first time i plugged in my lumia 920, it popped right up and i got some music on there, and today i wanted to throw some more on. however, i tried with two win 7 64-bit PC's and neither of them found my lumia, but it was still charging...is there a fix yet?
    Lol. Install MS .Net 4.5, then download the new sync (beta) software. After .Net you should have full file access to your music etc.
    *** Forza Windows Phone 8 ***
    Many answers here in my battery tips & tricks post: http://forums.wpcentral.com/htc-8x/2...ps-htc-8x.html
    Please help me with my WP8 Sync App idea called "WP8 ClonePhone": http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-...lonephone.html

Global Posts
    2,280 Global Posts
    note the Zune Software will NOT work for Wp8 devices. that is only for wp7x devices
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    1,206 Global Posts
    I had to dl the .net framework as well. The wp app for the desktop worked like a charm after that.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    If your Framework is not updated then you won't be able to install the Windows Phone App.

Here is the Framework update that you will need if that is the case.
    Download Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer) from Official Microsoft Download Center

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drhent View Post
    I get the same thing in Windows 8 64 bit. and have the software downloaded. says it can't find the drivers. Have looked for a drivers folder. Loaded right up on the Surface though.
    I've got 64 bit Windows 8 installed on my PC and had no issues.

Same problem and unsolvable till now.

I think Windows 8 is calling some of you guys. Lol 😜 - It's only $40 to upgrade. The performance improvements alone is worth the price.

Sorry MaulerX, but that's quite possibly the worst reason to update. What if he spends 40 bucks just to find out there is another problem that's causing his issue?

Windows 7 is still supported and will/should receive attention from Microsoft which is why they released this tool to begin with, this is not Windows 98 SE.

I'm still upset that I was forced to update to Windows 8 to install the developer tools for Windows Phone. Then I come to find out later that Microsoft will not be supporting older Media Center extenders on Windows 8.

I had the same issue, but it seems to have been resolved after the OS was updated on my phone.

Me too (lumia 620).
    • Windows 7 64bit
    • Windows Phone App Preview 3
    • .NET Framework 4.5

Connect phone to PC ... "MTP USB Driver" Fails.
    The same removing SD card, rebooting PC or Phone (still and not connected to PC) no gain.