Thud when shook?

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice a thud inside the phone if you shake it up and down or side to side? Makes me think of the loose battery issue with the iphone and has me slightly concerned. Thanks,

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice a thud inside the phone if you shake it up and down or side to side? Makes me think of the loose battery issue with the iphone and has me slightly concerned. Thanks,
Sure you're not hearing the camera bounce around? It is on springs you know...

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Sure you're not hearing the camera bounce around? It is on springs you know...

I don't know where its coming from. I was hoping someone else with a 920 could tell me if theirs does or does not do the same thing. Feels like something is loose, but I could be wrong. Hoping it's normal.

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

If I shake the phone pretty hard I can feel something moving around with a thud. It does feel like a large piece moving around.

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same, and it also seems glacially slow to charge. Between that and the rattling vibrate, I think I'm heading back to AT&T for an exchange.

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine does the same, and it also seems glacially slow to charge. Between that and the rattling vibrate, I think I'm heading back to AT&T for an exchange.

Yeah I've never had a phone that charged so slowly... Not the end of the world but how long will it take when we get our wireless chargers?:confused:

bmarsden

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've never had a phone that charged so slowly... Not the end of the world but how long will it take when we get our wireless chargers?:confused:

I think you guys may have gotten defective phones -- mine charges quickly...even th3 last 20% which is typically the slowest part of charging a phone.

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site
The noise you are hearing is the camera. It is not bolted to the phone. It is held in by springs. So when you shake it you are hearing the springs dampen the movement of the camera.

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I think you guys may have gotten defective phones -- mine charges quickly...even th3 last 20% which is typically the slowest part of charging a phone.
I exchanged mine this morning, in the last 30-40 minutes (while adding a few GB of music from my Win8 machine), it's gone from 41 -> 46%

For reference, the one I picked up yesterday went from 14 -> 17% in about 2 hours, then 9+ hours of changing overnight (with the wall plug) only got it from 23 -> 97%.

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The noise you are hearing is the camera. It is not bolted to the phone. It is held in by springs. So when you shake it you are hearing the springs dampen the movement of the camera.

Not so. My original unit with the battery woes made a distinctive sound ('thud' seems accurate enough). The new one I exchanged it with charges as expected and makes no such noise. If I shake it, I can now hear what could well be the spring-mounted camera, but it's not even similar to the noise on the 'defective' unit.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Mine charges very quickly. But, this is more of an opinion. How long is long and how short is short?

I was down to about 33% last night after heavy usage, plugged it in and it was 100% in about 30 minutes.

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine charges very quickly. But, this is more of an opinion. How long is long and how short is short?

I was down to about 33% last night after heavy usage, plugged it in and it was 100% in about 30 minutes.
That makes me hopeful for the new one I exchanged for. I couldn't reach 100% in 9 hours!

BotanicalStig

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine wasn't as bad as yours Goldie. I was seeing an increase of 10% every 45 minutes or so. From a dead phone it took a very long time to fill up. I'll see how it does tonight after I drain it. Hopefully I don't have to exchange it.

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If your 'thud' was the same as mine, I'd say you should exchange it under warranty. What I can now attribute to the sprung camera is not at all the same as the thunk my other unit made.

TheBadGuy_88

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I hear the thud too, but it requires a violent shake, haven't noticed the charging time as I was sleeping but I woke up with a 100% charge... I think the thud maybe the camera springs. I will contact Nokia (they have to be sick of me by now!!!)

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

Lol. If you think charging through micro USB is slow, then wireless is going to be even worse for you. I will have my wireless charger next to my bed for overnight charges only and continue to use the cables that are scattered around my house for any additional charging needed. As long as I can get a couple hours of juice out of the phone after a quick charge while I'm at the gym for a couple hours then I'll be ok with it charging slowly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel