Lumia 920 Capacitive button brightness

KatyH

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a black 920 at the local store and just getting to know the new features. I found the capacitive button brightness to be too high especially when the room is dark. Is there anyway the brightness can be toned down? Is there a setting where the brightness adjusts to the lighting conditions?

L900 did not have this issue.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I picked up a black 920 at the local store and just getting to know the new features. I found the capacitive button brightness to be too high especially when the room is dark. Is there anyway the brightness can be toned down? Is there a setting where the brightness adjusts to the lighting conditions?

L900 did not have this issue.

On the 900 they dimmed. But people complained about having a hard time finding them when they did, so they made them stay on as long as the display is on.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
On the 900 they dimmed. But people complained about having a hard time finding them when they did, so they made them stay on as long as the display is on.

Mine actually go out completely in a bright room.

They are a little bright in dark surroundings but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Personally I wish the screen itself would dim a little more in a dark room, it's very bright.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine actually go out completely in a bright room.

They are a little bright in dark surroundings but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Personally I wish the screen itself would dim a little more in a dark room, it's very bright.

You can change the brightness in settings. And it's set to automatically adjust by default.

KatyH

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You can change the brightness in settings. And it's set to automatically adjust by default.
I would love it if at the lowest setting, the screen brightness can be a little lower. I find the capacitive button brightness irritating, don't know if it is my piece or others have similar observations. I first noticed it when I wanted to watch a video clip at full screen. The light from the buttons was just too noticeable.

I will go to the local store and check if the display pieces have similar brightness to mine.

KatyH

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The capacitive buttons stay lit when you have a video playing?? really?
I noticed from WPCentral's review that the capacitive buttons were not as brightly lite as my 920. The level I see in my phone is like what is on the very first phone of the review. The others photos where the buttons are seen have dimly lite buttons. Uh! Perhaps my phone is defective!

I will find out when I visit the store on Saturday.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that all the apparent differences in button brightness are due to different room light conditions. The true test would be to check the phone on auto-brightness in a dark room. For me the buttons are also too bright when watching a video or reading a book with black pages / white text. I'm keeping my iPhone 4 around for reading at night. The horror!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6