[poll] Lumia 920 customer satisfaction

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I have to say in such a short time I am very disappointed with Windows Phone. I think hardware wise the Nokia is great! I like the feel in my hand and I love how the weight makes if feel like a solid phone. Unfortunately where it falls short is not the blame of Nokia but Microsoft. I was willing to give up things when I switched from Android. I know the app market was not the same and I was OK. The music management on the phone sucked but I could live with it because I liked the phone. I could live without a removable battery or a notification light. What I can not live without is a good browser. IE is horrible!! If I can not have the apps I need then I need a good browser to compensate. While shopping at Best Buy today I jumped on the app for them which is junk. OK No problem, I will jump on their website. The IE on my phone is not capable of handling the navigation properly of the tabs on that site and I was unable to browse for the info I needed. I was willing to give up a lot for Windows phone but I am drawing the line. I love the phone but it is going back in the morning. I can not have a smartphone that is dumb!

ccube1

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Seems like still not many people gotten their beloved lumia 920. Are they really so limited set available? not sure who to blame this time.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I love everything, but wish the screen produced deeper blacks. I also wish AT&T & Nokia would have left their logos off the device. Coming from the clean face of the Dell Venue Pro, I find them distracting.

I also wish it was available in grey.

PBNkapamilya

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The IE on my phone is not capable of handling the navigation properly of the tabs on that site and I was unable to browse for the info I needed.

Again, I have to say, it sounds really weird that someone's purchasing decision rested solely on a feature (in your case, IE).

Care to elaborate on your problem? Which site were you trying to navigate? I've tried out IE 9 on a Lumia 900 (which is very similar to IE 10) and I haven't had any problems.

PBNkapamilya

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
If I can do more than moving around tiles and adjusting their sizes and information content, please let me know - I'm very interested (and I mean that).
Other personalization options? Like what?

If you're talking about a wallpaper, don't bother. It'll just visually ruin your phone.

holyxiaoxin

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I can see how people who previous owned WP devices like WP 8 a lot. Even if you switched from iOS, you'll probably really like it. However, if you, like me, came over from Android, it may be a different situation. I bought the Lumia because it's the only LTE device available here for the launch of the new 4G network in December.

For me, it's the most schizophrenic device I've ever seen:

- great (even excellent) hardware
- the best camera I've ever seen in a mobile phone
- excellent screen.
- heavy. I complained about this in other threads, but now I've gotten used to the weight and I actually like the heft.

However:

- I've been feeling like I'm wearing a straight-jacket ever since I started using WP8. What this OS does, it does well. However, it does VERY LITTLE. Except for moving colorful little blocks, I can't customize it whatsoever. I just fail to see what Microsoft mean by "personalization" in this context. Having the Whatsapp icon in the top right rather than in the bottom left corner isn't exactly my idea of a "personal" homescreen.

I'm not one of those Android users who installs custom ROMs etc, but after installing 20 apps on the Lumia, the whole device is a mess. The homescreen is a mess, and don't even get me started on the apps list.

So yes, I'll be selling mine, even though that means that I'll lose LTE functionality. I'll definitely check out WP8 again in a year or so - perhaps by then, Microsoft has found a way to organize apps on the OS and maybe they'll also have introduced a notification system and VPN by then.

I know that this is going to strike a nerve with you guys - but I just don't see how Microsoft is going to gain market-share with the OS as it presents itself right now. I have the feeling that a year from now, Nokia will be gone (or will have been eaten by Samsung, HTC, or even Microsoft itself) and WP8 will still be at 0.5% market-share.

It's at 4%, equal standing as blackberry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjfadaway

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have to say in such a short time I am very disappointed with Windows Phone. I think hardware wise the Nokia is great! I like the feel in my hand and I love how the weight makes if feel like a solid phone. Unfortunately where it falls short is not the blame of Nokia but Microsoft. I was willing to give up things when I switched from Android. I know the app market was not the same and I was OK. The music management on the phone sucked but I could live with it because I liked the phone. I could live without a removable battery or a notification light. What I can not live without is a good browser. IE is horrible!! If I can not have the apps I need then I need a good browser to compensate. While shopping at Best Buy today I jumped on the app for them which is junk. OK No problem, I will jump on their website. The IE on my phone is not capable of handling the navigation properly of the tabs on that site and I was unable to browse for the info I needed. I was willing to give up a lot for Windows phone but I am drawing the line. I love the phone but it is going back in the morning. I can not have a smartphone that is dumb!

There must be something wrong with your phone because ie10 is great! Seriously

homegeek

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
There must be something wrong with your phone because ie10 is great! Seriously

I have no ideal what. There are really no settings to change in the software. I have to check a store demo to make sure because I really like the phone and found it disappointing that it was not working.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had nothing but good experiences with mine. The battery life has been excellent so far and it is attracting a lot of attention, which is why I went with red.

I love the feel of the device so far. The way it feels in my hand is much nicer than my old HTC Vivid. And the curved glass screen is just the best I've had from any smartphone.

My friend that still uses an iPhone 4 and said he has no reason to get another phone spent 5 minutes with my 920 and was then looking up how much gazelle would give him for his iPhone.

theecosystem

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it's an incredible phone. my only complaints are buzzy vibration and the power button getting really loose even though it started out nice and stiff. i've got a replacement on the way.

ccube1

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
it's an incredible phone. my only complaints are buzzy vibration and the power button getting really loose even though it started out nice and stiff. i've got a replacement on the way.
Seems like quite a number of people doesnt like the vibration sound in this forum, I wonder that is defect or nokia purposely make it sound like this

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
While shopping at Best Buy today I jumped on the app for them which is junk. OK No problem, I will jump on their website. The IE on my phone is not capable of handling the navigation properly of the tabs on that site and I was unable to browse for the info I needed. I was willing to give up a lot for Windows phone but I am drawing the line. I love the phone but it is going back in the morning. I can not have a smartphone that is dumb!

Surely problems like this are down to bad website design/insufficient testing by the designer, not a fault of IE10? It's a bit unfair to judge a phone and OS on the fact that it has problems navigating one website!

ccube1

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
Surely problems like this are down to bad website design/insufficient testing by the designer, not a fault of IE10? It's a bit unfair to judge a phone and OS on the fact that it has problems navigating one website!

I think everyone have different opinion, that is the real case that everyone may make a decision or conclusion base on one incident. Nothing right or wrong :)

Eddie Stanbrough

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm testing the black lumia 920 while waiting for my yellow one (I have to admit I love the black, and am questioning yellow after the color theme choices from nokia:
My only complaints apart from the apps, which will eventually come now that windows 8 has arrived:

1. THE COLOR THEMES!!! These are some awful colors, apart from some greens, the blues, and the purples, every other color seems off and not colorful enough...
Yellow looks like Dijon mustard, pink looks like salmon, magenta is off, olive is not olive...Yellow is my biggest disappointment..
2. I'd like to be able to pin home pictures on homescreen, i dont want picture wall paper but I'd like a couple pictures on there of my choice.
3. I'd like to replace the search button to display a google search and not Bing...And once again I'd like to change that to a wallpaper image and not one of the random images they provide on the bing search...I've changed Internet defaults to show google and not Bing but do not think I can do that for the search button itself...
4. When browsing, I can not go forward. And if I push the windows button while browsing and then go back to IE, then I can NOT EVEN GO BACK!!! Therefore the internet needs some updating in that respect badly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3