[poll] Lumia 920 customer satisfaction

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow, you really do know WP8 store huh? And for your information, the log out problem was corrected, you go to your profile and "switch acc" to log off!

You don't even know what you're saying lol
Go back to your BB you love so much and stop spitting misinformed sh1t! You don't even care to keep yourself updated on apps, just tried to use an old problem which is already corrected to make it look like crap!

Logo quiz? Srsly, you resumed WP store to that? I feel sorry for your poor misinformed mind! I don't care if you wanna use BB and worship it, just don't come making our app store look like crap cause you don't care to keep yourself informed about apps updates/new releases!

MickeyCeeCT

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Smooth operation, amazing battery life, got all the apps I want, easy to use...love this phone!
Sent from my Nokia 920 using Board Express

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been using iPhone for the past 5(?) years. During that time I sampled MANY android phones, selling them as fast as I bought them. I installed a Windows 8 launcher on my Samsung Note and when I did that I was SURE that the windows phone was exactly what I wanted to buy. I am using T-Mobile ONLY because I have a grandfathered data plan that costs me $20 (with no slow downs.) I have never bought a phone from T-Mobile because I don't want their logo on my gadgets. I bought a (red) Lumia from Europe but it was crazy having such a great phone, screen etc and being stuck with Edge. I don't use my phone for internet actually, just once in a while because Edge is PAINFULLY SLOW .. I sold my Lumia and bought another one. Black this time because once in a case I am the only one who knows what color it is. I bought a Pentaband from Canada. It should be here today or tomorrow and I will have 3G 4G and LTE wherever available. I bought a case and it is something like the Otterbox. It is just sitting in my car waiting for the phone to arrive. I wish Rokform had a case for the Lumia or Lifedrive (is that the name?) Two great cases. In fact I prefer Rokform but those two companies think that iPhone is the only phone. Satisfied with the Lumia 920? YES YES YES .. On the very top of my wish list is a 7 inch tablet with Windows 8 and a sim card slot .. Does that already exist? Unlocked? Pentaband?

Last edited:

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy with my 920 so far. The screen is a lot nicer than my 900's screen, although I do miss the Clear Black Amoled. It seems like I'm actually getting LTE now too, even though the 900 supports that as well. (Won't last for long though since I'm moving to the middle of nowhere in a month.) It's quite a bit heavier than my 900, but aside from the weight, it feels a little better in the hand. That's probably due to the more rounded design and the matte finish on the cyan (my 900 was glossy white).

I don't have any of the problems my 900 had. Although it may be a bit premature to say that since my 900 was perfect at the start as well. It runs a lot better than my 900 did after the 7.9 update, and the live tiles aren't hanging either... that's fortunate. It does seem like the battery drains a little faster, but that's probably because I'm using it a little more than normal with setting everything up and getting used to WP8.

Overall I'm happy with it. I'm sure it'll last me a long time... Or at least until I'm eligible to upgrade in November!

caesar500

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I have mixed feelings, because I'm waiting for my 4th phone to arrive from At&t. IMHO, it's the WP8 to get because of apps and support. The problem is the faulty hardware, which I keep receiving and this terrible 1308 firmware. I recommended this phone at launch to 4 people and I pre-ordered the phone. Lately, I'm second guessing my decisions.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I can see how people who previous owned WP devices like WP 8 a lot. Even if you switched from iOS, you'll probably really like it. However, if you, like me, came over from Android, it may be a different situation. I bought the Lumia because it's the only LTE device available here for the launch of the new 4G network in December.

For me, it's the most schizophrenic device I've ever seen:

- great (even excellent) hardware
- the best camera I've ever seen in a mobile phone
- excellent screen.
- heavy. I complained about this in other threads, but now I've gotten used to the weight and I actually like the heft.

However:

- I've been feeling like I'm wearing a straight-jacket ever since I started using WP8. What this OS does, it does well. However, it does VERY LITTLE. Except for moving colorful little blocks, I can't customize it whatsoever. I just fail to see what Microsoft mean by "personalization" in this context. Having the Whatsapp icon in the top right rather than in the bottom left corner isn't exactly my idea of a "personal" homescreen.

I'm not one of those Android users who installs custom ROMs etc, but after installing 20 apps on the Lumia, the whole device is a mess. The homescreen is a mess, and don't even get me started on the apps list.

So yes, I'll be selling mine, even though that means that I'll lose LTE functionality. I'll definitely check out WP8 again in a year or so - perhaps by then, Microsoft has found a way to organize apps on the OS and maybe they'll also have introduced a notification system and VPN by then.

I know that this is going to strike a nerve with you guys - but I just don't see how Microsoft is going to gain market-share with the OS as it presents itself right now. I have the feeling that a year from now, Nokia will be gone (or will have been eaten by Samsung, HTC, or even Microsoft itself) and WP8 will still be at 0.5% market-share.

Bad news for you. WP already got 5%.

Fransb85

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I really love the phone, however it shuts down for no reason and needs a soft reset when it does. apparently I'm not the only one who encounters this issue. I think it's pretty shameful that a 600 euro phone has so many problems and has several fora on the internet dedicated to its problems. I sent my phone in yesterday for repair or replacement, it's not unreasonable for me to expect a decent functioning product that is at the very least functional as an alarm clock is it?
oh yes and another thing I hate about it is that the proximity sensor is a little too quick to turn the screen on again, I've hung up on people with my cheekbone by accident quite a few times and it bugs the crap out of me. again, 600 euro phone, it shouldn't do that, period.

Rajsingh Dkhar

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't know whom to blame, Nokia of Microsoft? 1. Cannot tether with PC. 2. Cannot use as wired modem. 3. Cannot Sync phonebook/messages with PC. 4. Cannot download a lot of things (like Here Maps) without Wi-Fi. 5. Cannot configure Static IP in Wi-Fi. 6. Phone book sync with cloud (like Hotmail etc.) is confusing. 7. No video call without data connection (only possible through Skype) 8. No file explorer on the phone. 9. Music/Video manager sucks. 10. Cannot send un-recognized files via Bluetooth. 11. Battery life could be longer. 12. I am used to Nokia phones and PC/Nokia Suite and Lumia 920 fails me. My last was a Nokia Symbian E6, which was excellent except for small screen. If updates cannot fix these and many more problems, I am crossing over to Android. Hope Nokia supports android in future. I love Nokia phones but maybe its time to say goodbye. Such an investment gone waste, at least for me. Windows phone is not compatible with Windows PC. (It behaves just like an external drive). I feel cheated.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
So happy i sold my Samsung Galaxy S3 for the Lumia 920....huge step up for my wants and needs.

I can see how App-whores will dislike the WP8 experience compared to Android or iOS, WP is definitely not up to speed with the amount of applications available. However, every single application that i want on my phone is avaliable on WP8 except for Flipboard (the alternative "Collector" costs $, may consider it). I can also see why Root users would like Android, i consider that techy fanbase a whole different crowd.

Aside from the applications, from Android i got so sick and tired of:
- having to kill processes, including google OS specific for android to communicate with servers CONSTANTLY, eventhough i disabled all my gmail syncing.
- install multiple management tools just for the phone to last longer than half a day
- random applications start running over data (eventhough i disabled them on the OS while on data, only use on Wifi)
- very laggy experience, even the keyboard would FREEZE...seriously?! I even bought Swiftkey and eventhough it was much better than stock it doesnt compare to iOS/Windows. the S3 was identical to the Lumia 920 here in Canada, expect it has 2GB of RAM!!! Why does the OS use 700MB of RAM on idle?!...i dont get it.
- Client centric environment, no ecosystem
- Audio/Speakers were lackluster imo compared to iOS/Lumia
- Inconsistent email syncing issues
- Applications overall were poor versions compared to iOS, quantity does not equal quality

Those are some of my annoyances with using an Android phone for 8 months. I also have a Nexus 7 which has a lot of the similar issues, but since i only use it to browse at home im ok with it.

Im not an iOS fan, my Wife has an iPhone 5 and although there are many things i dont like about the OS...i can't say its a bad product.

The one thing Lumia 920 (or windows) is lacking is OS management tools, 1 area Android does a good job of. Other than that im very happy to be back on WP! =)

now_done

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
will be back to BB too

Just keep silent! You don't know what you are talking about....and if kids want apps instead of an OS be my guest...
I'm using 920 since Nov-12, was impressed at beginning BUT the longer I have it the more angry I'm about and missing my BB.
Much too many restrictions, malfunctions, missing standard phone calendar voice mail adjustments (every 5 year old device has more options) heating to can be used as pocket heater, battery drain if you use as advertised....etc etc. Sorry this device is not worth the money and drives me crazy...can't even adjust auto time zone !
My advice for business people: keep your fingers off!

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: will be back to BB too

Lol...i would understand if you attempted to defend iPhone or Android...but Blackberry LOL...oh man. I used a z10 for a short time and it was below average imo. If you're referring to the bold or q10....ugh...i use a 9900 for work and...ugh...words can't describe how much I dislike their devices. Sell your 920 for a BB...im sure tons of people would swap in a heartbeat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3