What apps are working and what arent? Yet!

elmopio

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just as most users with a new 8 phone. We all started loading the apps we love to use everyday. Yes some of them haven't been updated yet and some have. But which ones I am curious aren't loading properly? I am currently have a issue with only one. Amazon Kindle app. After downloading it loads for the first time. I get to put my credentials in, download the current novel I am reading. Close the app and work on something different, try to load and never loads again. So what app isn't being nice to you this morning?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Already mentioned this at http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-os-discussion/201666.htm and http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-general-discussion/201664.htm but there's a long list of stuff that won't even install on WP8.

Apps:

Photosynth
Nokia Counters
Tango
TestMyNet
Microsoft Translator
TuneIn Radio

Xbox Games:

Contract Killer
Crimson Dragon
Dodonpachi
Feed Me Oil
Full House Poker
Glow Artisan
Risk (Nokia Exclusive)
Shuffle Party
Sid Meier's Pirates
Tentacles
The Harvest

ganks

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Already mentioned this at http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-os-discussion/201666.htm and http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-general-discussion/201664.htm but there's a long list of stuff that won't even install on WP8.

Apps:

Photosynth
Nokia Counters
Tango
TestMyNet
Microsoft Translator
TuneIn Radio

Xbox Games:

Contract Killer
Crimson Dragon
Dodonpachi
Feed Me Oil
Full House Poker
Glow Artisan
Risk (Nokia Exclusive)
Shuffle Party
Sid Meier's Pirates
Tentacles
The Harvest
Reinstaller - unbelievable that doesn't work.

Skype and TuneIn are surprisingly not able to install, same for Photosynth.

tai4de2

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Dictionary.com has a similar issue to the description of Amazon Kindle. After the first run, it will never load properly again.

However if I don't let Dictionary.com download the dictionary files locally, it works fine.

Okcbikeguy

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Just as most users with a new 8 phone. We all started loading the apps we love to use everyday. Yes some of them haven't been updated yet and some have. But which ones I am curious aren't loading properly? I am currently have a issue with only one. Amazon Kindle app. After downloading it loads for the first time. I get to put my credentials in, download the current novel I am reading. Close the app and work on something different, try to load and never loads again. So what app isn't being nice to you this morning?
That is exactly what I am experiencing with the kindle app as well.

Odog4ever

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Although I'm disappointed that Shuffle Party isn't working its not a deal breaker.

Boggles the mind that TuneIn Radio isn't working. You think MS would have been working closely with them to make sure the app was backwards compatible...

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Although I'm disappointed that Shuffle Party isn't working its not a deal breaker.

Boggles the mind that TuneIn Radio isn't working. You think MS would have been working closely with them to make sure the app was backwards compatible...

I suspect TuneIn's issue has to do with the FM radio which isn't a WP8 feature.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
So far as already mentioned, only one I'm having issues with is Kindle.

Me too. Everything else I've used so far has an updated version and/or runs just fine.

The Kindle app is a killer though because my actual Kindle died this week! I want a new Kindle Paperwhite, but those are backordered through Dec 20th. Ugh...

pr0phecy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hope they will fix Navigon soon, cause that is my major app for WP7! It wasn't cheap either. I expect a fix soon enough though...

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Me too. Everything else I've used so far has an updated version and/or runs just fine.

The Kindle app is a killer though because my actual Kindle died this week! I want a new Kindle Paperwhite, but those are backordered through Dec 20th. Ugh...

Kindle app just got an update that fixes the crashes.

henilp89

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
MAN FUDGE! WHAT THE ****.. I REALLY NEED TUNEIN SINCE THEY TOOK OUT RADIO FROM XBOX MUSIC.. SOO PISSED.. WHAT THE **** why didnt they say that many apps wont work! god damn it seriously.. mine is still in mail but i cant use it until i get tunein or skype!.. can anyone check bloomberg for me.. if that app works?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3