09-17-2013 05:25 AM
- So we got two 920's yesterday. LTE is pretty new here in Denver, so it might just be that, but looking for ideas anyways.
On my wife's phone, she pretty consistently has 2 bars of LTE. That's where mine sits. But every couple of hours, mine goes down to zero LTE bars and then just hangs there. Occasionally it will flip to 4G and have all bars, but more often than not it just sits at zero bars on LTE for hours until I reset it, then it gets the two bars like my wife's, only to repeat the process again several hours later.
Does anyone have any ideas?11-10-2012 10:25 AM
- So I took mine back to a store... one of two AT&T employees were experiencing the same issue. I replaced it and will see how it goes. Odd that I wasn't the only one though. Either its an issue that is going to be more widespread soon, or he and I were terribly unlucky.11-11-2012 07:55 PM
- i live in the Denver metro area (Thornton to be exact). Denver's LTE switch just got turned on today. When I talked to a couple service reps a few days ago, they told be the towers in Thornton/Westminster were scheduled to be switched to LTE on the 16th of November. So depending on where you are in the area, you may just be getting spot coverage.
Hope this helps11-11-2012 08:05 PMLike 1
- 11-11-2012 08:06 PM
- The issue isn't so much that it goes between LTE and 4G... the problem is that after several hours of that, it just hangs on zero bars of LTE leaving you with no service until you restart the phone. This was happening at least 4 times per day. Side by side my wife's phone would still have signal, but mine would not. You could wait for hours, and hours I let it continue through the evening last night, and it never recovered. Once I power cycled signal came back only to disappear again 2 hours later.
My phone was doing it, but my wife's was not. This guy at the AT&T store also was experiencing it, but his co-worker was not. Definitely a device issue.
Last edited by scumdogmillionaire; 11-11-2012 at 08:40 PM.11-11-2012 08:29 PM
- Ok here's what I noticed today--also in the 5280. Mine was dropping to EDGE, losing signal completely and then back to EDGE--this after being on LTE in the same location. I'm assuming this monkey business is related to the LTE launch so I'm going to give it some more time.
Oh and I power cycled after getting in the car to head home and LTE came back fine. Speeds have been awesome so far on LTE--better than I had on VZW though their network could be more saturated.11-12-2012 09:30 PM
- Heyos, I'm down in Colorado Springs so my issue isn't related to LTE, but oddly having the same problem.
I work in a building with crappy signal to the point where everyone gets weak reception if at all, across all carriers. After leaving the building and driving back into areas where I normally get 5 bars, the phone still says no signal.
If I put it into Airplane mode and take it back out, then I get solid service again.
I've tried turning off all wireless (wifi, nfc, bluetooth), and it still happens.
So maybe its a deal with changing from different signal types? I've noticed I'll move between 4g and edge when in the building... but the whole not having the phone return to service when I'm in a service area is kind of a deal breaker for me.11-14-2012 11:46 PM
- I wanted to join in the conversation to report that I am having the same problem, but have discovered it through my SMS messages not being sent out 1 out of 10 times. Every single time a message could not be sent my phone was completely disconnected from the network, only to get full bars again in a couple of seconds.
Since I've noticed that I have been taking a look at my bars, and they're constantly fluctuating.
Here's a Rogers thread on people having problems with their SMS messages:
Lumia 920 can't send text messages - Rogers Community
Here's another thread on WPCentral on the issue:
Reception Issues on Fido
I am sure that it's all part of the same problem.11-19-2012 04:16 PM
- We've had similar issues with our two Lumia 920s on AT&T in Las Vegas, NV. Our old dumb phones would maintain a pretty constant 3 bars of 3G reception in our house. These Lumias fluctuate all over the place: 3 to 0 bars LTE and back, over to 4G, back and forth. I don't know if it's the LTE/4G stuff vs our old 3G, the phones, how we're holding them :p, space aliens, or what. It's worrying, though. I hope it's not normal "expected" behavior.11-24-2012 04:44 PM
- Hello, I have nokia Lumia 920, I bought it on ebay.com, everything seems to be ok, but there is one big problem with reception.
when people with same carrier having full bars of reception I have max 3 bars and when they have a bit low reception I have nothing .
any suggestion how to fix?09-17-2013 05:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD