Lumia 920: should i get a case?

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Here are a couple of shots from the front. (and reuploaded the back shot to keep photos together) Oh, and yes, I bought it at an AT&T store. The price on the box says $35 but like I said, they included that plus a pink USB cord with the purchase.

Thanks bro, looks awesome! am definitely picking one of these up.

Brian Swiger

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Speck case they had at my Omaha AT&T store. It leaves the screen open...which is nice for touch responsiveness and has a rubber edge that protrudes beyond the screen so if you flip it over on the face, the glass isn't hitting the table. The back is black just like my phone and looks nice to me. The sides of buttons are rubbery and easy to press...and the black case is trimmed in a nice silver/gray that compliments the design...in my opinion. Worth the basic protection for edge dings/scratches that I tend to do with my phones...just sliding them in and out of my pocket or jacket. :cool:

For the original poster (OP as the hip kids say), I'd get an Otterbox and can swear by those cases sealing your phone up like a protective glove. My wife is abusive with tech...and this protects her phone like a champ. Not saying you'd be abusive, yet snowboarding and other wet activities can cause the phone havoc if accidentally dropped in the snow (which is what I'd do if I was snowboarding). Otterbox will protect you for sure...and no, I'm not an Otterbox representative...just a lowly .NET developer in Omaha.

e24mpwr

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I called Incipio to see if they'll release a Feather case for the 920, but they were sorta "wait and see" about it... :mad:

I loved that case on my iPhone - very, very minimal added thickness in exchange for very decent protection. I don't want armor - just a bit of a shield...

My guess is they didn't sell many for the 900 and they are wondering whether to invest in the tooling for the 920. (If anyone from Incipio is reading this, the answer is YES!!!!!)

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
im* new to windows phone, and nokia. i had an iphone 4 before i ordered the Lumia 920. Should i get a case?
I have a pretty active lifestyle, i snowboard a lot during the winter, I am going to college, and i like to be active.
How durable is the 920 and the gorilla glass?

Yes you should. No matter how much you take care, you won't be able to avoid micro scratches. My beloving Lumia 900 white glossy has microscratches that boils my blood

holtwm

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Please confirm whether the cases mentioned so far are compatible with wireless charging or not. Don't want to have to take the case off the phone every time you want to charge it.

Really hoping Nokia releases gel bumper cases like they did for the lumia 900. Those fit perfectly and it was almost as if the raised bezel of the phone was designed with their use in mind. The 920 doesn't seem to be the same when it comes to this which is unfortunate.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the black/red bumper on my red 920 and the white/pink bumper on my wife's cyan 920. We've both been known to drop our phones - she actually managed to go through three different cases on her old Pantech Laser, and I went through two Incipio Feather cases on my Focus (granted, the 2nd feather had the problem with the thin bar breaking). My wife is harder on phones than I am, and our 18 month old... well, let's just say that he loves to grab and run.

Iamdunne

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Please confirm whether the cases mentioned so far are compatible with wireless charging or not. Don't want to have to take the case off the phone every time you want to charge it.

Really hoping Nokia releases gel bumper cases like they did for the lumia 900. Those fit perfectly and it was almost as if the raised bezel of the phone was designed with their use in mind. The 920 doesn't seem to be the same when it comes to this which is unfortunate.

When I get my wireless charger (got Saturday and waiting to be shipped from AT&T) will let you know!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

There was a guy in another thread that charged his phone with his wallet in between...that is somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 an inch, easily. So, a case won't matter unless it is made of metal.

I am really hoping some companies release the surround bumpers also. I'd love a black surround for my yellow...or the wife is thinking of getting a white which would really look good with a Purple surround. Lots of options, and you could get them cheap!

Depatter

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I am a dropaholic =P I have a nerve problem in my right hand that quite frequently turns me into a circus juggler with my phone. I have the Speck Black Candyshell case on mine. It works fine with the charger. If you don't like cases, just get handset insurance. I've had good luck with square trade. Extended Warranty Insurance - Extended Warranties - Electronics Insurance Don't buy the hype that if you drop this thing on the cement it isn't going to cave the corner in. Will it work....probably, but it will still look like doodoo too. IMO It's better to buy a case to protect from damage than to buy one to cover it up.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Otterbox makes really rugged cases if you are concerned about damage from drops. Lumia 920 Cases

I had Otterboxes on my last two Android phones and they kept them in mint condition. They do take away the good looks of a phone though but they do provide top notch protection. Right now, I ordered a cheap but nice looking belt clip case and will go "naked" for a while. I'll just try to use my phone carefully.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a wallet case for my 900 that I put on when going out but otherwise prefer the phone bare--especially as sleek and ergonomic as a Lumia. The downside to that wallet case was it picked up pocket junk and with it scratched up the back of the phone more than had it been bare carried.

I'll just keep my 920 bare-- This phone looks and feels too good to cover up. I have insurance and am not drop / accident prone.

timd28

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
Have dropped my 920 twice.. Once onto a wood floor and just tonight on the tile floor at the supermarket.. Still can't find a scratch. What a beast!

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I won't be getting a case for my 920, but I do think I'll invest in a screen protector. My HTC One V has a few scratches from being in my (empty) pockets, or at least I think that's what they're from. I can't think of anything else that could have caused them, and as far as I know the HTC One V has Gorilla Glass 2. They aren't deep scratches but they still bother me :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3