Lumia 920: should i get a case?

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I won't be getting a case for my 920, but I do think I'll invest in a screen protector. My HTC One V has a few scratches from being in my (empty) pockets, or at least I think that's what they're from. I can't think of anything else that could have caused them, and as far as I know the HTC One V has Gorilla Glass 2. They aren't deep scratches but they still bother me :p
I can't imagine putting a screen protector on thus phones seamless, rounded, smooth perfection... Hopefully I don't have to come back crying about it being marred by scratches layer.

MaximW97

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
It's only a $99 phone. Buying a case that costs 30% of the price of the phone makes no sense. However, judging from his life style, I would suggest him getting a case too.

Sahkolihaa

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've currently got a cheap transparent gel case on mine that has grips on the side so I can easily hold the phone. I will eventually get a better one.

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If it's that big a deal for you just get a case... But get something tough, like the Otterbox. On the other hand, if you're the kind of person who's going to replace the phone in 6 months then why worry?

I personally have never bothered with cases. When I'm mountain biking, for example, I stash my phone in my backpack where I don't expect it to get hit if I go down. Otherwise, if it's inconvenient I just don't take the phone with me, but then I don't think it will kill me to be out of touch for an hour or two.

It took me 2 years to finally get a scratch on the front of my display and it isn't really all that noticeable. Without a case, the sides and back are going to get marked up no matter what you do. If you're keeping the phone for the long haul it becomes a fact of life. And I think the plastic back on the Lumia should age pretty well, certainly better than the aluminum back on the iPhone 5.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought this one, fits great.

Better peace of mind really.

Doesn't really add any bulk, and deff increases grip.

Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA S Series TPU Protective case for Nokia Lumia 920 - Blue: Electronics

How are the buttons on the side for this case? I was looking to buy this one if the buttons work well. As long as I don't have to mash the living **** out of the buttons I'm good. I dont use the camera button to take pictures either. I'm always tapping the screen to use the shutter.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I love my Piel Frama case for my iPhone 4. I hope so too. Unfortunately I for some reason doubt this will happen.

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is the proud son of the nokia 3310 !, the ground should get a case to cover it self from the phone. The phone is really strong and can handle daily bumps and scratches , specially the screen. I bought a case and a screen protector for all of my previous phone, but i guess this phone is strong enough that it won't need one.

Caikems

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
After watching the durability test videos where they smash it with a rubber mallet, drop it from head height, and even use the glass side to hammer in a nail....I feel confident that I won't break the phone without a case.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
There's one on amazon for 3.99 + free shipping, i got it just incase, but i dont think im going to use it unless im snowboarding.

Amazon.com: Fosmon DURA S Series TPU Protective Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 - Black: Electronics

I have this one from an eBay seller... I was really impressed with how nice it is for the price. Much better grip, very easy to get on and off without accidentally coming off. Looks sharp too (although I prefer the transparent colored ones, purple in my case).

Last edited:

nokiy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got this in yesterday in the somewhat transparent purple. http://www.amazon.com/Fosmon-Ultra-Protective-Nokia-Lumia/dp/B009YLDEFY/ref=pd_sim_cps_3 The black one was on back order from amazon and I order both at the same time. For the money, you can't go wrong. Not big and bulky the the iphone crappy covers. It slides right on and doesn't slide off easily. Very similar to my N9 cover that came with the phone OEM, except it covers the side buttons. Does not affect the bottom 2 speakers or the center earphone jack on the top. Its not hard plastic, but not silicone either. Also, it has cross cut type grip on the sides for extra grip. Very happy and may not even use the black one.

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Gosh i'm considering a case too. I currently have a Focus and i love how sleek it is and the ease of slipping in/out of my pocket. The 920 is considerably bigger. I'm just worried that a case is going to add to that bulk. I have no immediately noticeable blemishes on my phone now, and it's been nearly 2 years. If you angle the back you'll see some like micro scratches but that's it.

angelsimaren

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey I noticed the att online store has a listing for the Ballistic Every1 case when I search for cases via the accessories page. It's a nice case when I saw a YouTube video about the design. It's shock absorbent, has built in cushion that protects the phone when dropped, nice buttons, a kickstand, and a built in screen protector membrane. The phone's stock photo is not correct, and the manufacturer doesn't have a listing for the case. Although, att lists the case for $50.00 and has no mention of availability of it being in stores. This case reminds me of the Otterbox Defender case. Have any of you ordered a Ballistic Every1 case?

crackdezberries

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just for snowboarding I would, I skateboard and BMX, and had my 900 w/o case and I get depressed seeing the corners beat up from falls, no scratch on screen though :) . Idk what I'm going to so with my 920 but I am getting a slim pouch from senacases.com when its released.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3