Lumia 920: should i get a case?

jbwpcentral

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
im* new to windows phone, and nokia. i had an iphone 4 before i ordered the Lumia 920. Should i get a case?
I have a pretty active lifestyle, i snowboard a lot during the winter, I am going to college, and i like to be active.
How durable is the 920 and the gorilla glass?

Last edited:

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
is you don't mind micro scratches and tiny dings - no.

If you are completely OCD about your phone - yes.

But ask yourself, what looks better? A beautifully designed, naked 920 with maybe a micro scratch here or there, or some $20 case?

jbwpcentral

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i new to windows phone, and nokia. i had an iphone 4 before i ordered the Lumia 920. Should i get a case?
I have a pretty active lifestyle, i snowboard a lot during the winter, I am going to college, and i like to be active.
How durable is the 920 and the gorilla glass?
Go with Zagg.com

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
is you don't mind micro scratches and tiny dings - no.

If you are completely OCD about your phone - yes.

But ask yourself, what looks better? A beautifully designed, naked 920 with maybe a micro scratch here or there, or some $20 case?

I'm not so sure. I've had a Samsung Focus for 2 years now with no case and it's darn near perfect. I've taken it on motorcycle rides, ski trips, all over the place with no problems. After 2 years there are only 2 'blemishes' on the phone. One of those is on the screen, but is literally invisible unless you turn the screen off and bring the phone within 3 inches of your face and hold it at a specific angle so the light shines correctly. Basically, it's not even worth mentioning and it won't even show up when I take a picture of it on my digital camera.

Basically, I'm not buying a case or anything.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my wife her Red phone. I paid the upgrade price of $350 (only 6 months into contract), but they included a surround or bumper case and a usb cable. It's a red and black bumper. It made the phone look really nice and I feel it's a compromise for those that wish to put something to protect and for those that wish to show off the color.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Just bought my wife her Red phone. I paid the upgrade price of $350 (only 6 months into contract), but they included a surround or bumper case and a usb cable. It's a red and black bumper. It made the phone look really nice and I feel it's a compromise for those that wish to put something to protect and for those that wish to show off the color.

i want that!! att gave that to you?

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Can you take a pic from the front of the phone with the bumper on? just curious as to how it looks from the front. I like the bumper and thinking about getting it for my Lumia 920.

You bought it at the ATT store? how much did it cost?

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you take a pic from the front of the phone with the bumper on? just curious as to how it looks from the front. I like the bumper and thinking about getting it for my Lumia 920.

You bought it at the ATT store? how much did it cost?

Here are a couple of shots from the front. (and reuploaded the back shot to keep photos together) Oh, and yes, I bought it at an AT&T store. The price on the box says $35 but like I said, they included that plus a pink USB cord with the purchase.

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping Nokia releases the Gel Case for the 920 like they did for the 900. It added such little buck that you hardly noticed it was on there. I preferred it over any other case I've ever had for any phone. It gave it just a little bit of extra grip on it as well. I find the matte finish on the polycarbonate body to be a little slick at times. So, that's the one I'll wait for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills