920 camera issues, dark photos with flash

HenRoid

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I bought a white 920 yesterday and I took some day pictures at the park and they turned out great. Later on in the day I went out with some friends to a local bar. A friend of mine said take out your super cute phone and take some pictures. I was like ooh yea. Each picture I took came out dark, and horrible. My HTC HD7 took better photos in the dark. The flash didnt help either. It was like when I took the photo the flash came on but disappear before the photo was actually taken because the camera was trying to focus..

After giving up my friend took out her iphone 4s and took one photo, it was better then all the 9 dark photos I took. A little pissed and disappointed I was because Im thinking this is a killer phone. I got home and sat outside in the dark, taking pictures of the leaves, and the same thing happened. Each photo was dark, and each time I took a photo the flash would work randomly even if it was set to on. I dont understand, is anyone having similar issues with their lumia 920 while taking photos. Should I return my device? I did a couple test this morning, some were pass and others failed..

Thanks

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It seems to me that when you try to take a picture in a dark setting and really close to an object, it doesn't use the flash fully. I am guessing it does this to avoid the issue of a "white out" when the flash goes off very close to an object.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
^ no bueno... I am having a lot of issues with my iPhone 5, not so much with the brightness, but with the focus.. the LED won't give enough time for the camera to focus, so out of 5-6 shots 5 are way out of focus.

Its all about synchronization and adjusting the ISO and shutter speed accordingly, the LED light on the 920 is strong enough to where your photos shouldn't be dark. So I am guessing that.. yet again, Nokia will have to push out an update for that as well, unless your unit is defective in some way, but hopefully that is not the case.

Can someone please post some pics where flash was needed ?

Here is what happens with my iPhone 5, you can click on the for full resolution

bad

bad

focused

and here is one from the 808 .. very consistent results. Also you can see the difference in the lens, much wider on the 808. It should be exactly the same on the 920.

HenRoid

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I see, thanks for the advice, but changing the settings didn't resolve the problems... I guess I can try and return the device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3