Headset Mic Issues - Does your earbud mic work?

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I've moved from an iPhone, so all my accessories are iPhone-based. So far, every one of my headsets refuse to work with the Mic on the 920.

The play/pause works, the speakers work, and the volume controls don't work. But that seems on par with everyone else. However, when I make a call - the mic does not work. I've also tried recording apps and no headset I have used yet records.

Is anyone using Apple earbuds or similar earbuds and having success using the microphone?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I am afraid all my headphones have 3 buttons these days.

Anyone else using a 3-button headset? Maybe even some Apple earbuds? I'd really like to know if my headphone jack is broken with microphones. I figure if other people use Apple earbuds to make calls, then its my phone.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Well that's disheartening to hear. I'm guessing all your headsets were made specifically for the iPhone? I know with the Lumia 900 they didn't accept anything that was made for the iPhone because Apple doesn't strictly follow the AHJ standard. If you pull it out one click, and test it, you'll probably get it to work, but you lose the earbuds, lol. Any other manufacturer's headsets should work. I use a pair for the HTC Evo from Amazon (they're like 5$). If it's anything like the 900, then this is going to be the same for the 920...

goldie_rt

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
The headphones that came with my last phone (HTC HD7S) work as follows:
- Volume works (active and locked)
- Skip forward works (active and locked)
- Start/pause music works (active and locked)
- Activate voice control works (active)
- Voice control works (therefore mic works)

Unfortunately, these are the worst headphones known to man, so maybe I should chop off the buds and throw some generic skullcandy ones on the end. If anyone knows of verified earbuds that do all of that and don't feel like you're trying to jam a bottlecap in your ear, please share!

wenw

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
The headphones that came with my last phone (HTC HD7S) work as follows:
- Volume works (active and locked)
- Skip forward works (active and locked)
- Start/pause music works (active and locked)
- Activate voice control works (active)
- Voice control works (therefore mic works)

Unfortunately, these are the worst headphones known to man, so maybe I should chop off the buds and throw some generic skullcandy ones on the end. If anyone knows of verified earbuds that do all of that and don't feel like you're trying to jam a bottlecap in your ear, please share!

I am considering to get some skullcandy ones as well. But I assume those models designed for iPod/iPhone won't function perfectly on 920. On AT&T accessories webpage, if you choose Nokia Lumia 920, there are two skullcandy ones (with mic and inline control) said to be compatible with 920. Need to be verified...

stridera

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I just got back from the AT&T store. They never heard of this, but my expensive Klipsch headphones, that I bought at AT&T, didn't work. We tried lots of other phones. Works fine on the HTC Windows 8 phones, but not the Nokia. (None of the nokia phones.) lame

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
the headphones that came with my htc titan work with my 920, but my nokia purity headphones microphone do not work. so weird. you would have thought nokia would have made their own headphones work on their phone.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
the earbuds headphone for iphone will not work on windows phones . The internals of the wp and the iphone for sound pickup are different. You can get an android headset/ear bud and the mic controls will work in most cases. Some have said that androids except for galaxy phones will work but on the other hand the headset that comes with the ATIVS is the same as the one that comes with the S3 and S4 so one of those should work

Harjit Minhas

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Mate when you go to buy head phones make sure it doesent have the 'made for iPod and iPhone' or 'Android' ones. Those head phones are calibrated for the mic to function with IOS and android. I went and got some,skull candy ones after i found the problem,and my head phones work with the mic.

boweldi

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I used to use my earphones with microphone and buttons built in and the mic and play/pause button would work perfectly. (Klipsh S4i and Thermaltake isurus)
However recently, they just stopped working. The mic doesnt work at all and the 1 button does not do anything anymore...I've rebooted the phone and everything, it has been broken for at least a month now. I am 100% positive they used to work. I used them all the time and use the center button to pause or skip tracks.
Was the Lumia 920 affected by an update or something? Or is there a setting that I'm missing?

AlexOwliver

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
iPhone compatible headphone buttons don't work with WP8. Asked at Best Buy and ended up with Bose - the mic, buttons, and speakers all work just fine (though they are $125). He said those were the only guaranteed WP8 compatible headphones that BB carries in store. FWIW, if you can afford them, they're a great headset - quality in both construction and sound.

boweldi

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
like i said THEY USED TO WORK FOR SURE. the volume buttons obviously did not work, but the mic and play/pause buttons worked perfectly.
I used them daily for months, so why did they suddenly stop working...I can't be the only one that experienced this.

Nokkina14

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Gosh! I am coping with a wrong purchase. A Klipsh Image Si II, just arrived and did not work with my Nokia Asha. I like very much the design and how they perfectly fit into my ears though !, I have decided to return them back (they provokes the shut down of my Nokia, besides volume control non working. Now I have read that ...<< Engineered for Android? smartphones, the S4A headphones.. Backed by six decades of audio excellence, the S4A headphones let you control both your playlist and your phone calls with a single-button remote + mic and powerful customization via the Klipsch Control app for Android. >>

I am not an expert so I ask help in understanding if I could , or not , be able to use this hefadset with my Nokia ASha or not.
Thanks for any help

Nokkina

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb