Bricked my 920... careful of a hard reset

kbilly70

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to give an update to my situation. After my phone bricked, I returned it to a local AT&T store. The bricked phone was my second 920. The first one I had I returned 4 days after purchase because the body of the phone had strange striations and discoloration and the camera housing on the back was pulling away from the body. AT&T replaced it with no questions asked. I had no problems whatsoever with the second phone until it bricked. When I returned the bricked phone, again AT&T replaced it with no questions asked. However, the first one they brought out had the same issues as the first phone that I had returned. They brought out another and it seemed fine so I took and left. This morning I take it off the charger and lo and behold, the camera housing is coming away from the body. I was very frustrated and decided that 3 phones is enough and will return it after work and get something else.

Then at work today I receive a call from Nokia Customer Care in response to the email I sent to Stephen Elop. I explained that I had exchanged the phone at an AT&T store. They asked me if I had any other issues and I explained how I was on my third 920 and the build issues I was experiencing. After a few more questions, they told me that they wanted to satisfy me and that they would be shipping me a new phone directly. They only have white in stock but will be able to have a matte black to me by Friday.

I was very impressed by the whole conversation. The timeliness and manner of their response was outstanding. For me, they put the service back in customer service. I am hoping the quality of the new phone matches their commitment to service.

Nokia_Lindsay

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi All ? I work for Nokia and wanted to provide a few quick tips to improve the battery performance on your Lumia 920:

1. Be mindful of background tasks. When left running in the background, some apps may continue to draw battery power. To prevent this, you can manually turn off background tasks. Go to Settings, swipe left to Applications and select Background Tasks. Navigation apps tend to consume more power so ensure that Nokia Drive+ is turned off when not in use. Graphics and audio heavy games like Angry Bird Star Wars should be turned off as well. Although tapping the back arrow usually closes an app, deactivating the Background Task ensures these apps do not draw power.
  2. As with any smartphone, email is another application that can impact battery performance. If you are not an active email user, you can improve your battery performance by adjusting the email sync settings to less frequently.
  3. Always use the Nokia charger that came with the phone or a Nokia wireless charging accessory.

Performing a ?hard re-set? or ?hard re-boot? is typically not recommended. If you?ve tried the three tips above and continue to experience problems, contact us at Nokia Care @NokiaCareUS. We?ll be happy to help you troubleshoot.

peteguz

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks 89caps. So I went into the photo settings menu and turned "Focus Assist Light" to Off and that got rid of the flash. If you want the flash to go away you have to turn both the flash and focus assist light to off. Then so far so good with this 920.

optimuspdx

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue. The phone became really hot, I ended up having it replaced at AT&T. They seemed reluctant to admit a bigger problem but they replaced it immediately and I was out of the store in under 15 minutes.

Danny Boulanger

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had exactly the same issue. I did a hard reset and it took 70 minutes and then NOKIA screen. It does not recharge the battery anymore:crying:

Maybe it is related to Rogers Canada?

nnayyann

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
same here. Now i am back in the US and they refuse to exchange my phone. SO I spent 600 euros or 1000 dollars for nothing. THanks NOKIA.

lilmike330

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried doing what Itxjobe says but every time I hold down the volume down and power key followed by the volume up it just goes back to the thunderbolt and wheel. Any idea as to why?

Shantek

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Having this issue also. Out of no where, opening my email would crash it. Trying to post a status update would crash back to main menu and same for the SMS.

Did a factory reset (before reading this obviously) and now I'm stuck on the Nokia boot screen.. Hmmmmmmmmmmm..

Sal Marvasti

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
How did you get Elops email?
I am so disapointed. I waited 2 weeks to get my Nokia 920 on Orange, and today I got it, it refuses to connect to the windows store. No matter what I try, it keeps saying:
"We're having a problem with signing in. Make sure that you have good reception. If you do , the problem may be at the other end. Waigt alittle while and try again".

DAAAAAFT. My fathers unlocked white 920 works beautifully, why Orange and EE will not let mine login to the app store?

S_C_B

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Goodness! It took forever to get this thing reset! I had to press Up+Down and Power a few times to finally get it to to the Welcome to Windows Phone Screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs