4G on all the time, instead of LTE

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it normal to be on 4G all day long, when I first got the phone, it was on LTE and I didn't notice it dropping to 4G. Today after porting a phone number yesterday it has been on 4G all day long, I called AT&T and they said my account is setup fine.

This is my first LTE phone, first line for myself with AT&T so I am not sure how this works normally.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Is it normal to be on 4G all day long, when I first got the phone, it was on LTE and I didn't notice it dropping to 4G. Today after porting a phone number yesterday it has been on 4G all day long, I called AT&T and they said my account is setup fine.

This is my first LTE phone, first line for myself with AT&T so I am not sure how this works normally.

Probably a network issue that AT&T needs to sort out. My 920 on Rogers does the same thing LTE in one area one day, then 4G on the same area the next day (my 900 behaved exactly the same). More than likely it's the carrier that's to blame.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I am in south Florida. I had LTE first day I got it, that's why I am concerned with this now. After I ported a number, they gave me a new sim and it then it was on/off LTE and now its been 4G all day long.

Where do you live?

I have 0 LTE in my town. Barely any in my state.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I am in south Florida. I had LTE first day I got it, that's why I am concerned with this now. After I ported a number, they gave me a new sim and it then it was on/off LTE and now its been 4G all day long.

Give it a couple days. If it's still that way it might be time to contact AT&T further about it.

I can only speak from my own experience, but every few days Rogers seems to make adjustments to their network and LTE goes down and only 4G is available. Then LTE will be available for a few days before I'm only on 4G again (this is the area where I work, mind you). So it might be the carrier adjusting things. You'll have to observe this for a few days to see if LTE comes back.

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I was in an AT&T store in Oregon looking at a white and black 920. One said LTE the other was 4G. I know when my daughter got her Iphone 5, I wanted to check LTE, it would come and go. I don't know if it is harder for phones to connect to LTE.

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
My 900 would be on LTE all the time. The 920 has yet to go LTE :(

No change in plan on my account as I just swapped SIM cards...but I did call to update the account with the new devices IMEI.

Logged into my account on the web site and it shows the right phone and LTE plan so not sure if it is on their end.

The LTE plan I have is LTE unlimited /w visual voice mail.

CyberExorcist

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
My 900 would be on LTE all the time. The 920 has yet to go LTE :(

No change in plan on my account as I just swapped SIM cards...but I did call to update the account with the new devices IMEI.

Logged into my account on the web site and it shows the right phone and LTE plan so not sure if it is on their end.

The LTE plan I have is LTE unlimited /w visual voice mail.

I just picked up my phone tonight and am getting the same issue. I have a 900 and a 920. The 900 has LTE and the 920 is stuck on 4G. I performed a speed test just to make sure. Don't know what is going on, I called AT&T and they told me to take back the phone.
If anyone gets resolution, please post what was accomplished to fix the issue.

Thanks,

Cartman

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up my phone tonight and am getting the same issue. I have a 900 and a 920. The 900 has LTE and the 920 is stuck on 4G. I performed a speed test just to make sure. Don't know what is going on, I called AT&T and they told me to take back the phone.
If anyone gets resolution, please post what was accomplished to fix the issue.

Thanks,
Nooooo, don't want to replace my phone :/

Plan on calling them about this on Monday. Earlier if I get the chance. The 900 had a problem with data when it first came out :(

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys just call AT&T and make sure the phone is properly provisioned from their end. Stuff like this happens alot specially on-line upgrades.

oztheozoz

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I just called AT&T. They said that because I upgraded from an old non LTE phone to the Lumia 920, my data plan was an old non LTE data plan. They noticed this because my visual voice mail was not working either. It was a simple change for them to keep my existed $25 for 2GB rate and upgrade it to an LTE data plan. Hope this helps.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife just went from a 900 to a 920 and is stuck on 4G, as well. Not only that, but the internet/data doesn't seem to work and her outlook and facebook accounts keep getting errors

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My wife just went from a 900 to a 920 and is stuck on 4G, as well. Not only that, but the internet/data doesn't seem to work and her outlook and facebook accounts keep getting errors

Did you just insert sim card from 900 to 920? Just call AT&T to have the data plan properly provisioned to new device.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you just insert sim card from 900 to 920? Just call AT&T to have the data plan properly provisioned to new device.
Yes, and that's what an AT&T chat rep told me. Will call tomorrow and see what happens. I hope it's that easy and I'm glad I know about it now because my new phone is on it's way and I'll be doing the same thing, inserting current chip to new phone.

jdom

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

i am in south florida and my phones is always on LTE

CyberExorcist

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine says 4G while I'm inside my house which is notorious for crappy reception.

There is a difference between bad reception and having two phones side by side outside when the Lumia 900 shows LTE and has download speeds to match LTE, and the Lumia 920 is stuck on 4G and has dowloads speeds to match 4G as well.

Something is amiss.....

Guess I'll try AT&T one more time tomorrow. If not, its going back to the store.

moc426

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Yah mine did too first day, after they gave me a new sim with ported number, its been stuck on 4G. So something is up with this. My data plan is LTE and I asked AT&T and they said my account is setup correctly (They are pretty clueless on things though).

It took me 5 minutes to explain to the rep that my visual voicemail isn't working and she kept asking me to press and hold 1 and listen to my voicemail and then when I told her I did, she would tell me she isn't sure what I am asking for. It was after being put on hold a few times that it was fixed.

i am in south florida and my phones is always on LTE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism