Drop it like it's hot

Panasonic's Toughbook CF-33 is a ridiculously rugged 2-in-1

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Can you handle the truth?

What Apple's latest iPad ads say about Microsoft and Windows

Forecast is cloudy

Windows 10 Cloud will run Win32 apps, but only from the Windows Store

Excessive in a good way

GTX 1050 in a 15-inch convertible? Lenovo went there

Windows goes galactic

Revealed: Samsung's Surface Pro-like Galaxy Book, running Windows 10

We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. JUSTQUAN2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    Now that we all had a good day to use the Lumia on att network, what do you think of the battery life thus far?

    I pulled mine(920) off the charger at 8:10am, moderate use of texting, couple calls, videos, music playing .... At 5:20 I still have 41% left. I assume heavy use I would have killed it a couple hours ago. I feel the battery life is excellent for moderate everyday use. 😊
  2. Landsharkk's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    308 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTQUAN2#WP View Post
    Now that we all had a good day to use the Lumia on att network, what do you think of the battery life thus far?

    I pulled mine(920) off the charger at 8:10am, moderate use of texting, couple calls, videos, music playing .... At 5:20 I still have 41% left. I assume heavy use I would have killed it a couple hours ago. I feel the battery life is excellent for moderate everyday use. 😊
    I'm honestly surprised that people think that's excellent battery life. Before the mango update (WP7.5), my Samsung Focus would last 3 full days with moderate use. Now we seem to be stuck with maybe a full 12 hours with moderate use. I'm actually disappointed.
  3. InnocuousScreenname's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    56 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    Six hours of heavy use, fourty percent batter left. With my normal usage, I'm sure I'll be able to get through a couple of days before full battery drain.

    I plug my phones in every night for a charge anyway, so battery life will not be an issue.
  4. JUSTQUAN2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsharkk View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that people think that's excellent battery life. Before the mango update (WP7.5), my Samsung Focus would last 3 full days with moderate use. Now we seem to be stuck with maybe a full 12 hours with moderate use. I'm actually disappointed.

    Coming from Galaxy note 1.... ITS FANTASTIC. LBVS
  5. dinkatoid's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    I charged my phone overnight (as it came partially charged, like most do) and unplugged it about 8 am this morning. I was on a call for over an hour and have had moderate use all day between texts and playing with the new phone, and I am not at 79% battery life. I am sure I can make it 2 days easy at this pace.

    Granted, I did set my email to push and have turned the screen brightness to low (I'm a nerd, I don't go outside).
  6. JUSTQUAN2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
    I charged my phone overnight (as it came partially charged, like most do) and unplugged it about 8 am this morning. I was on a call for over an hour and have had moderate use all day between texts and playing with the new phone, and I am not at 79% battery life. I am sure I can make it 2 days easy at this pace.



    Granted, I did set my email to push and have turned the screen brightness to low (I'm a nerd, I don't go outside).

    How did you set your email to push?
  7. dkp23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,494 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,529 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    took mine off at around 9 or so and had 59% at 1pm, i was like wtf! never had this type of drain on my 900 with heavy internet use, i didnt even use it on LTE that much since i had wifi at home for most of the four hours .

    Hopefully this is just a first cycle thing. we'll see through the next week.
  8. dkp23's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,494 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,529 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTQUAN2#WP View Post
    How did you set your email to push?
    go to the email icon and go to settings, it should be under sync settings an dyou can choose manual, ever so and so minutes every so and so hours or as items arrive. just put as items arrive, you will get email notifications as the emaisl come.
  9. Gken's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    211 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    I dunno, my samsung focus had to be recharged every day, which is why I don't find it hard to believe my monster lumia 920 has to also. I also have my screen auto set to high brightness and high contrast mode on since......black tiles and white background look bombdiggity on the white gloss Lumia 920. Seems to last the whole day so far. O yeah plus I have high sensitivity one, a bunch of live tiles on the home screen. THe monstrous screen probably plays a big role, but still again batteries are hit and miss.

    I interested to know how you change email to manual, I don't even have an option on sync settings. Kind of weird considering the OS should be relatively the same.
    Last edited by Gken; 11-10-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

";