Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. Harry Wild's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
       #1  



    I been trying to buy this for the entire day with no luck! I want it to run on AT&T U.S. GSM network!
    Last edited by Harry Wild; 11-10-2012 at 09:24 PM.
  2. #2  
    You can buy it at welectronics.com Call them 1 773 274 3764, they are getting them in on Monday. I ordered my unlocked 920 from there.
  3. spampy2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #3  
    Now that is an awesome color! Wonder why ATT isn't getting this color as this one would sell like crazy. Now I'm going to have to find this one unlocked and have shipped to the US
  4. Harry Wild's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    You can buy it at welectronics.com Call them 1 773 274 3764, they are getting them in on Monday. I ordered my unlocked 920 from there.
    Same price as AT&T no commitment price $449.99? And with the same radio frequencies as AT&T GSM network! If that is true; I will buy!

    Just went to Welectronic site and it is listed at $649.99 and they do not have a way to select the color of the smartphone either.

    If they match the AT&T price and have the same specs; I will buy one!
    Last edited by Harry Wild; 11-10-2012 at 09:18 PM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post
    Same price as AT&T no commitment price $449.99? And with the same radio frequencies as AT&T GSM network! If that is true; I will buy!
    Same frequencies as AT&T network, but remember its unlocked so its a bit more expensive $661.

    Also even though you buy the 920 from AT&T at the no commitment price, that device is still locked to AT&T.

    The 920s that AT&T is selling at the no commitment price is not unlocked.

    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxVIKTidfzs&feature=player_embedded[/YT]
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by spampy2 View Post
    Now that is an awesome color! Wonder why ATT isn't getting this color as this one would sell like crazy. Now I'm going to have to find this one unlocked and have shipped to the US
    The store in Chicago where I bought my unlocked 920 from, I selling them
  7. spampy2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    #7  
    So there are Grey ones in the US / Chicago being sold? Wow that's very good news and will have to call them tomorrow
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by spampy2 View Post
    So there are Grey ones in the US / Chicago being sold? Wow that's very good news and will have to call them tomorrow
    Yes they are importing them from Europe. That's the only way to get one. Was looking at this video on youtube and the grey one sure does look very sexy and unique. I am thinking about switching from black to grey. My order hasnt shipped yet.

  9. Harry Wild's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
       #9  
    I just read a blib that the slate grey is not offered in the U.S. yet! AT&T decided to past on the slate grey color is the rumor! AT&T wanted to have more flashy colors to get the younger crowd! What is AT&T thinking?? Corporate and more conservative buyers matter too; they are the ones that have the $$$$$$$$$$!
  10. Harry Wild's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    Same frequencies as AT&T network, but remember its unlocked so its a bit more expensive $661.

    Also even though you buy the 920 from AT&T at the no commitment price, that device is still locked to AT&T.

    The 920s that AT&T is selling at the no commitment price is not unlocked.

    The $449.99 is an unlocked AT&T Lumia 920! That was confirm at the local AT&T and seveal articles telling about the offer! Plus, you get a free charger too!

    Go do a Google or Yahoo search and type in:

    AT&T no commitment $449.99 Nokia Lumia 920 offer
  11. #11  
    The $449.99 is an unlocked AT&T Lumia 920!
    That is incorrect my friend. The device is still locked to AT&T. You could never buy an unlocked Lumia 920 for $449.99 , impossible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post
    I just read a blib that the slate grey is not offered in the U.S. yet! AT&T decided to past on the slate grey color is the rumor! AT&T wanted to have more flashy colors to get the younger crowd! What is AT&T thinking?? Corporate and more conservative buyers matter too; they are the ones that have the $$$$$$$$$$!
    The grey color will not be offered by any carriers in the United States. If you want it you will have to buy from a store that imports unlocked phones.
  12. Harry Wild's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
       #12  
    I don't know; I might go with a black and get a cover for it in grey! Kind of nuts!
  13. Harry Wild's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    That is incorrect my friend. The device is still locked to AT&T. You could never buy an unlocked Lumia 920 for $449.99 , impossible.




    The grey color will not be offered by any carriers in the United States. If you want it you will have to buy from a store that imports unlocked phones.
    I will check in more detail on this but my feeling since it is AT&T is that you are right! Just makes business sense to rope the individual thinking he has a "no commitment" and bang he buys the phone and it is locked!

    I might wait to see if Overseas has a black friday pricing if they do not meet the AT&T price. I just not going to go crazy and add $200 more for just it being unlocked since it cost about $10-$20 for a code to unlock it!

    I will just let it play out! Thanks for the info on Overseas Electronics! I may just get another iPhone after all! iPhone5 for $749 does not look that bad of a deal with 32GB after all!
  14. o4komodo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    115 Posts
    #14  
    overseas has the cheapest price i've seen so far, thanks for that!
    I just placed an order for an unlocked white 920.

    In retrospect I should've just waited to see if they had a deal for black friday/cyber monday... Oh well.
  15. gbx5's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    54 Posts
    #15  
    If overseas are getting the units on monday, how early do you think we can get it in our hands?
  16. yodies's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #16  
    negrielectronics.com also has them available for pre-order fully unlocked.
  17. iandealencar's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by o4komodo View Post
    overseas has the cheapest price i've seen so far, thanks for that!
    I just placed an order for an unlocked white 920.

    In retrospect I should've just waited to see if they had a deal for black friday/cyber monday... Oh well.
    Which is the site?
  18. GreekboyD's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by o4komodo View Post
    overseas has the cheapest price i've seen so far, thanks for that!
    I just placed an order for an unlocked white 920.

    In retrospect I should've just waited to see if they had a deal for black friday/cyber monday... Oh well.
    What is their price. Can you provide me a link? I can't seem to find it on their site.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post
    I will check in more detail on this but my feeling since it is AT&T is that you are right! Just makes business sense to rope the individual thinking he has a "no commitment" and bang he buys the phone and it is locked!

    I might wait to see if Overseas has a black friday pricing if they do not meet the AT&T price. I just not going to go crazy and add $200 more for just it being unlocked since it cost about $10-$20 for a code to unlock it!
    I will just let it play out! Thanks for the info on Overseas Electronics! I may just get another iPhone after all! iPhone5 for $749 does not look that bad of a deal with 32GB after all!
    Its not that its just 200 more just because its unlocked, an unlocked device comes with various benefits that you wouldn't get with a standard carrier version of the phone.
  20. AaHaa's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    181 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    Yes they are importing them from Europe.
    Any idea from which country and/or store? Because I live in Europe and I would love to get my hands on a grey 920!
  21. Thuoudo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    #21  
    Price went from $752 the other day to $777 :dry

    Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 (Unlocked) (Grey)
    Press it...press it for glory!
    L900W: 8779, warranty replacement from Nokia
    Former: Focus S, Focus
  22. spincel's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    130 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Press for Bacon View Post
    Price went from $752 the other day to $777 :dry

    Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 (Unlocked) (Grey)
    Been there for entire week. Well they said they need to put pre-order price high because they don't really know what the retail price should be and they don't want to collect more money if the price is much higher than expected. If you take a look at Ebay, sellers are selling these at more than $800, and we don't even know if they will refund the price different or not, but Negri will refund in the case of retail price is lower like they did with the AT&T model.
    Thanked by:
    yodies 
  23. yodies's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    138 Posts
    #23  
    Spincel, that last tidbit about refunding lower price is really nice to know. I've locked in a $720 grey pre-order and I'm hoping the actual retail comes in a little lower.
  24. o4komodo's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    115 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by iandealencar View Post
    Which is the site?
    It's been mentioned: Gsm Unlocked Phone Triband Quad Band Nokia Motorola I-mate Sony Ericsson Codefree dvd Player Voltage Converter Transformer Pal Camcorder Vcr System 110-220 volts or directly to the Nokia page: *Nokia - Nokia Phone Features - nokia c2-06 NsERIES - 302 C2-05 Lumia-900 Asha-200 asha 202 LUMIA-710 900-Lumia Asha-303 Lumia-800* ASHA-300 500 701 700 X1-00 ORO C2-03 Nokia N9 C2-02 X1-01 C2-00 E6 X7-00 C2-01 C1-02 E7 x2-01 C1-01 C5-03 C3-01-TOUCH

    Quote Originally Posted by GreekboyD View Post
    What is their price. Can you provide me a link? I can't seem to find it on their site.
    649.99 USD. Refer above for link.

    --
    I just noticed that Overseas posted an unboxing video on youtube. The L920 in the video is from AT&T. I'm actually worried now. I made the purchase [but the funds haven't transfered yet]. Hopefully someone will get theirs before mine to confirm if the "unlocked L920" is branded or not.
    Because at 649.99 Unlocked and branded by AT&T... I would just go to negrielectronics and get it for nearly 200 bucks less.
  25. Owen Nieh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by o4komodo View Post
    It's been mentioned: Gsm Unlocked Phone Triband Quad Band Nokia Motorola I-mate Sony Ericsson Codefree dvd Player Voltage Converter Transformer Pal Camcorder Vcr System 110-220 volts or directly to the Nokia page: *Nokia - Nokia Phone Features - nokia c2-06 NsERIES - 302 C2-05 Lumia-900 Asha-200 asha 202 LUMIA-710 900-Lumia Asha-303 Lumia-800* ASHA-300 500 701 700 X1-00 ORO C2-03 Nokia N9 C2-02 X1-01 C2-00 E6 X7-00 C2-01 C1-02 E7 x2-01 C1-01 C5-03 C3-01-TOUCH


    649.99 USD. Refer above for link.

    --
    I just noticed that Overseas posted an unboxing video on youtube. The L920 in the video is from AT&T. I'm actually worried now. I made the purchase [but the funds haven't transfered yet]. Hopefully someone will get theirs before mine to confirm if the "unlocked L920" is branded or not.
    Because at 649.99 Unlocked and branded by AT&T... I would just go to negrielectronics and get it for nearly 200 bucks less.
    so both version from negri and overseas electronic are imported from Europe?
    and are they able to receive the tmo frequencies?

    which one is a better choice? imported one or roger?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions