Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Heres the issue:

If I have network hidden and am not broadcasting the SSID, the phone will not connect to the wifi network. If the SSID is broadcast, there is no problem connecting. I even tried getting it to connect while it was broadcasting, which it did, and then hid the SSID, after which it no longer would connect.

Any ideas how to fix this issue? I would like to keep my SSID hidden and not broadcasting.

I have the same issue, however I read that it wasnt supported in Wp7 so I can only assume it is still an issue with 8..... I had to add another and broadcast the SSID :(

The guest network at my office is not working with my 920 and my coworker's 920. Neither of us had problems with our previous phones, focus and galaxy nexus.
    We connect to the WiFi but we seem unable to connect to anything. I don't know of any device other than our 920s experiencing this issue.

I have the same issue, can not connect to company's WiFi. Did you get a solution?

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Can't you open your wifi settings, go to advanced, click the + sign and enter the name of your hidden SSID?

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    im having the same issue, my phone wont connect to our company hidden wifi. Anyone find a solution?

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    Have you added the network properly? Our office hidden network is working fine.

My connection to our office hidden network is very sporadic. Sometimes it connects and other times it refuses to connect at all. My old TITAN WP7.5 had no problems on this same network. :(

Maybe you can try forcing a static IP to see if it resolves the issue.
    Thanked by:

How do you force a static ip? There is no flexibility to change settings on this phone...