White 920 from AT&T Freezing Up

GG916

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone since about 3:00 Friday afternoon (11/9) and it has locked up at least three times and rebooted itself once. :( anyone else having this problem? Did I get a lemon?

GG

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine locks up once in a while. I've read quite a few instances of this happening, along with the 8X reboots. This tells me that we'll need a software update to get it 100% stable.

jsgross

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Mine froze while using my car Bluetooth.Wouldn't respond to anything.I got home plugged it and finally after playing with the hard buttons it reset.Maybe the battery did not have enough juice to reset.Haven't been in the car since then

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've had my phone since about 3:00 Friday afternoon (11/9) and it has locked up at least three times and rebooted itself once. :( anyone else having this problem? Did I get a lemon?

GG

Just seeing this thread, I thought I was the only one that noticed this, i went to the AT&T store on Friday and played with the white 920 and i thought it was a bit slow to respond. Don't know why.

This is one of the main reasons i am buying this phone unlocked. AT&T probably loaded their crapware onto the sexy 920.

For me buying it unlocked which is a bit more expensive is like buying it directly from the manufacturer.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had mine lock up while downloading updates. Hasn't done it since though :(

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

mistagreg

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Today is Saturday and I just had my 4th freeze and reboot since Friday at 3. I had such high hopes for the Lumia. It's happened while browsing maps, the web, using the camera, and listening to podcasts. Very frustrating. This device needs to kick ads.

GG916

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Just locked up again.Just backed up my settings.I may return it and try another.Though I don't know if that will help

With so many having the same problem and, like the other poster said, it's happening to the HTC too, it's starting to look like maybe a software issue (?). I hope someone figures it out and fixes it soon!!

Unless mine gets a lot worse, I'm going to wait until I go in to pick up the charging plate and ask if they've had complaints.

Goodeye

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had one on my 920 since I got it yesterday. I'm hoping MS is aware and has a fix incoming.

Good thing is they push and handle their own updates now. No more waiting on the Carriers and handset makers.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Well don't forget that this is brand new OS.. I know that it doesn't look like one, and they are calling it 8.0 .. but technically it should be 1.0 .. Windows NT has never been used on a mobile phone before, at least as far as I am aware

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Got my matte black today, and instead of going home and charging it, I used it until the battery died. When the battery died I was in the middle of refreshing espn, and it froze on that screen. I had to do a hard reset (which also works on the 900). Hold the volume down and camera buttons, and then hold the power button until you feel the phone vibrate and then let go. Mine came back up showing that the battery was dead and I was fine knowing that that was the case at least for me. I haven't had any freezing or anything since then.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to track RAM usage ? A badly written app could potentially cause a memory leak, and the phone will slow down.. or even crash I guess.

At least now we have a proper software company backing the OS... if you had a problem with the software before, you were in for some waiting...

Someone should start a thread here anyway, they seem to pay attention to the Lumia section a lot more:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/bd-p/Nokia_with_Windows_Phone

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 900 rarely ever crashes. Like literally 1-2 times a month. This is better than both my Android and iOS devices prior. The fact this new Lumia phone crashes so often makes me concerned there is a software glitch afoot. This is probably the reason they weren't ready to release the phone yet......I smell an OTA update coming out very soon...:lol:

Brandon Riesenbeck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I took my brother to get a white one today, and his did indeed experience this issue. It locked up on the way out of the store. We promptly turned around and told the rep what was going on. He was able to replicate the issue three times, and then it started resetting itself. They swapped it out and immediately gave him a red one. No issues so far.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Had one tonight related to words with friends. I think this is a software issue. Not to worried about it. It will get fixed. This really is a great phone and smooth OS for the most part

Sent from my Glossy White Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss