Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I've had my phone since about 3:00 Friday afternoon (11/9) and it has locked up at least three times and rebooted itself once. :( anyone else having this problem? Did I get a lemon?

GG

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Mine locks up once in a while. I've read quite a few instances of this happening, along with the 8X reboots. This tells me that we'll need a software update to get it 100% stable.
    Thanked by:
    GG916 

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    I got mine about 10:15 Friday a.m. No lock-ups yet.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Mine froze while using my car Bluetooth.Wouldn't respond to anything.I got home plugged it and finally after playing with the hard buttons it reset.Maybe the battery did not have enough juice to reset.Haven't been in the car since then
    Quote Originally Posted by GG916 View Post
    I've had my phone since about 3:00 Friday afternoon (11/9) and it has locked up at least three times and rebooted itself once. :( anyone else having this problem? Did I get a lemon?

GG
    Just seeing this thread, I thought I was the only one that noticed this, i went to the AT&T store on Friday and played with the white 920 and i thought it was a bit slow to respond. Don't know why.

This is one of the main reasons i am buying this phone unlocked. AT&T probably loaded their crapware onto the sexy 920.

For me buying it unlocked which is a bit more expensive is like buying it directly from the manufacturer.

Global Posts
    2,210 Global Posts
    I had mine lock up while downloading updates. Hasn't done it since though :(

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

It does to my phone also

Today is Saturday and I just had my 4th freeze and reboot since Friday at 3. I had such high hopes for the Lumia. It's happened while browsing maps, the web, using the camera, and listening to podcasts. Very frustrating. This device needs to kick ads.

Just locked up again.Just backed up my settings.I may return it and try another.Though I don't know if that will help

Quote Originally Posted by jsgross View Post
    Just locked up again.Just backed up my settings.I may return it and try another.Though I don't know if that will help

With so many having the same problem and, like the other poster said, it's happening to the HTC too, it's starting to look like maybe a software issue (?). I hope someone figures it out and fixes it soon!!

Unless mine gets a lot worse, I'm going to wait until I go in to pick up the charging plate and ask if they've had complaints.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    I've had a lot less lock ups when limiting the amount of apps I install.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    I have had one on my 920 since I got it yesterday. I'm hoping MS is aware and has a fix incoming.

Good thing is they push and handle their own updates now. No more waiting on the Carriers and handset makers.

Well don't forget that this is brand new OS.. I know that it doesn't look like one, and they are calling it 8.0 .. but technically it should be 1.0 .. Windows NT has never been used on a mobile phone before, at least as far as I am aware
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm fortunate enough to not have had a freeze up yet.

White Lumia 920

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Got my matte black today, and instead of going home and charging it, I used it until the battery died. When the battery died I was in the middle of refreshing espn, and it froze on that screen. I had to do a hard reset (which also works on the 900). Hold the volume down and camera buttons, and then hold the power button until you feel the phone vibrate and then let go. Mine came back up showing that the battery was dead and I was fine knowing that that was the case at least for me. I haven't had any freezing or anything since then.

Is there a way to track RAM usage ? A badly written app could potentially cause a memory leak, and the phone will slow down.. or even crash I guess.

At least now we have a proper software company backing the OS... if you had a problem with the software before, you were in for some waiting...

Someone should start a thread here anyway, they seem to pay attention to the Lumia section a lot more:

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Noki..._Windows_Phone

My Lumia 900 rarely ever crashes. Like literally 1-2 times a month. This is better than both my Android and iOS devices prior. The fact this new Lumia phone crashes so often makes me concerned there is a software glitch afoot. This is probably the reason they weren't ready to release the phone yet......I smell an OTA update coming out very soon...:lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Winfonejunkie View Post
    My Lumia 900 rarely ever crashes. Like literally 1-2 times a month. This is better than both my Android and iOS devices prior.
    Windows CE was up to 7.x ... they had it down to a pretty stable state overall. Windows Phone 8 is a new start..
    I took my brother to get a white one today, and his did indeed experience this issue. It locked up on the way out of the store. We promptly turned around and told the rep what was going on. He was able to replicate the issue three times, and then it started resetting itself. They swapped it out and immediately gave him a red one. No issues so far.

Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    Had one tonight related to words with friends. I think this is a software issue. Not to worried about it. It will get fixed. This really is a great phone and smooth OS for the most part

Sent from my Glossy White Lumia 920 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw#AC View Post
    Had one tonight related to words with friends. I think this is a software issue. Not to worried about it. It will get fixed. This really is a great phone and smooth OS for the most part

Sent from my Glossy White Lumia 920 using Board Express
    One of mine was while playing Words too. One while using the camera. Other ones were just random, as far as I could tell.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I made a thread about this on Friday. I got a cyan and it locks up on me A LOT at times. But it hasn't happened for about 24 hours now. It literally doesn't matter what I'm doing, or how many apps are running. Since I got a cyan it's going to be hard for me to get a replacement.
    Thanked by:

I pulled out the SIM card and replaced it. So far so good....nothing like a little voodoo:)

Global Posts
    338 Global Posts
    Black 920, bought Fri at 9:20 am, took it home, re-downloaded my apps and fine tuned everything and was absolutely loving it, then i remembered the NFC card that came in the box and thought I'd give it a try, screen froze, couldn't do anything, none of the buttons did anything, screen stayed that way for approximately six min. then the screen went black, tried to turn on no luck, plugged in charger, nothing, left on charger all night and tried in am and still nothing, i basically had a brand new $450.00 paper weight, very VERY unhappy, took it back to at&t store, they tried for about 10 min and couldn't get it to do anything, they finally gave me new one, so far so good, but really afraid to try the NFC thing again, anyone else tried the NFC thing?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Got mine Friday morning and it hasn't frozen or crashed or anything yet.

The only issue I've run into is the Kindle app keeps crashing, but that's Amazons fault because they haven't updated it for WP8 yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast