Nokia Drive keeps running in background, drains battery

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I used Nokia Drive today and when I got close to me destination, I turned off my screen. After leaving a restaurant and using my phone for a game and ESPN, I started driving. Heard the Nokia voice telling me to turn. That's about the time the phone shut off because the battery had drained.
It seems the app kept running in the background the whole time. Really causing my battery to drain fast. Is this normal?

For the record, I'm not a fan of Drive. I used Navigon when I had my Trophy but its not even in the market place on my 920, so I'm stuck with Drive.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
be sure to fully close out of apps when running them, as apps run in the background if they are not closed. it doesn't hurt to disable your GPS when its not in use either.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
hmm my battery hasn't been lasting as long as it should be. about 5.5 hours.this is running I the background even tho I don't use it. I wonder if disabling this will help.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
It's funny how people are complaining that if you are in another app or on a phone call, you lose navigation in WP7, and now people are complaining that navigation stays open in the background in WP8.

Just press the back button to stop navigation when you reach your destination.

Also,remember that there's an icon there now that will tell you if GPS is being accessed.

anon(5354375)

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Wonder if this is the cause of the heat/battery drain I made the poll about.

Time to put it to the test
face2p.png

clmbngbkng

Nov 10, 2008
Visit site
It's funny how people are complaining that if you are in another app or on a phone call, you lose navigation in WP7, and now people are complaining that navigation stays open in the background in WP8.

Just press the back button to stop navigation when you reach your destination.

Also,remember that there's an icon there now that will tell you if GPS is being accessed.

The icon is the biggest thing to look for. That way you can prevent battery drain as well as still have it announce turns in the background for the future.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills