Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I used Nokia Drive today and when I got close to me destination, I turned off my screen. After leaving a restaurant and using my phone for a game and ESPN, I started driving. Heard the Nokia voice telling me to turn. That's about the time the phone shut off because the battery had drained.
    It seems the app kept running in the background the whole time. Really causing my battery to drain fast. Is this normal?

For the record, I'm not a fan of Drive. I used Navigon when I had my Trophy but its not even in the market place on my 920, so I'm stuck with Drive.

be sure to fully close out of apps when running them, as apps run in the background if they are not closed. it doesn't hurt to disable your GPS when its not in use either.
    Thanked by:
    DaveGx 

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Go to settings > swipe right to applications

You can close it in the background or block it entirely.
    Thanked by:
    DaveGx 

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    hmm my battery hasn't been lasting as long as it should be. about 5.5 hours.this is running I the background even tho I don't use it. I wonder if disabling this will help.

Wonder if this is the cause of the heat/battery drain I made the poll about.

Global Posts
    8,063 Global Posts
    It's funny how people are complaining that if you are in another app or on a phone call, you lose navigation in WP7, and now people are complaining that navigation stays open in the background in WP8.

Just press the back button to stop navigation when you reach your destination.

Also,remember that there's an icon there now that will tell you if GPS is being accessed.
    Quote Originally Posted by apoc527 View Post
    Wonder if this is the cause of the heat/battery drain I made the poll about.
    Time to put it to the test

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It's funny how people are complaining that if you are in another app or on a phone call, you lose navigation in WP7, and now people are complaining that navigation stays open in the background in WP8.

Just press the back button to stop navigation when you reach your destination.

Also,remember that there's an icon there now that will tell you if GPS is being accessed.

The icon is the biggest thing to look for. That way you can prevent battery drain as well as still have it announce turns in the background for the future.

your fault...

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Happens in Android too. You have to end navigation when you are done. You can't just turn off the screen.
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
    Past Phones: iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus Flash, Nokia Lumia 900, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro, Nexus 7