Annoying Random 3 beeps in succession.

oztheozoz

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
While using Nokia Music in the car and driving home from work on Friday with my new Cyan Lumia 920, I noticed that there were random 3 beeps in succession constantly playing like a notification of some sort. My suspicion is that under the wireless settings -> advanced -> "Automatically connect to Wi-Fi hotspots" was checked. Anybody have a similar experience?

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's likely coming from Nokia Drive... And it means you're speeding :) haha. Figured that out myself last night. You can turn it off in settings or change the thresholds.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, make sure Nokia Drive+ is not in the background and monitoring your speed limit.

Oops, didn't see the reply above...

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
This just happened to me on my way home tonight. I was testing out Nokia Drive. Anyway, I started hearing the 3 beeps. A quick search landed me on this thread.

It was Nokia Drive running in the background, so I ended it. But show I block it as well?

And by the way, this has got to be the best community as far as Windows Phone goes. I always find the answer I'm looking for, usually without even posting a question.

Kacey Green

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
This just happened to me on my way home tonight. I was testing out Nokia Drive. Anyway, I started hearing the 3 beeps. A quick search landed me on this thread.

It was Nokia Drive running in the background, so I ended it. But show I block it as well?

And by the way, this has got to be the best community as far as Windows Phone goes. I always find the answer I'm looking for, usually without even posting a question.

Press back repeatedly until it exits

awesomeplant

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You can manage Speed Alerts in the Nokia Drive settings. Either turn it off or change the thresholds... After I stopped being offended (read: embarrassed) when I realized Nokia Drive had been chiding my bad behavior all along, I realized this was kind of a cool feature as I drive through areas where the speed limit changes a lot and the traffic police are well aware of it :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans