Hey people with 920's already.. A couple of questions from a 900 model user

dangerous_dave

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Before i make the leap i would like to know two things...

1- Has the headphone volume been fixed? As in when even playing music on 30/30 volume with headphones it was still quite muted/average volume....

2- When you hold the back button and get to see and switch between the "tabs" showing your open apps can you now close individual "tabs"?

Oh and i guess a third question would be asking if they had updated the god awful windows official facebook app?

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I also came from the 900...

1) No to me it seems the same, but I personally never found the volume to be an issue. My optimal volume level for music was 23/30. Any higher I thought was too loud.

2) No you cant explicitly close apps from that screen. It works the same way as in WP7. You must select the app you want to close and then jam the back button out of it.

3) The facebook app is actually much smoother on WP8 thank god. It is actually useable, unlike the old one. It does seem similar and still lacks a lot of features, but I find myself at least bearing to use it. In WP7 I would not under any circumstance use that POS.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I think your questions have mostly been answered. I would say the facebook app is quite good. Really the only thing I wasn't able to do on it was upload to a specific photo album and like individual responses to posts. The former isn't really what the built in app is meant for. The latter, I am not sure why they left that out. At the end of the day, I don't feel it was ever meant to replace the app, but rather supplement it and get you to the things you do most often, faster. I can see posts, I can rate posts, I can comment on posts, and I canw rite my own new posts. Anything outside of that I would probably use the app for anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb