Account 2:
Works with errors on Lumia 900
Does not work with 920

On the 900 i get an error about 5 specific contacts. Here is an example:
Filed as: Weisnier, John
This contact couldn't be synced to your phone
Error Code 1

On the 920 I get this error 80070057 and nothing syncs

The interesting thing about the 900 is the account still syncs mail, calender, etc. If I delete the offending contact then it has a list of 5 new contacts that are problems. The 920 won't sync anything.

So I know the phone and Exchange are ok since my other account WILL sync without issue on both.

I think this is related to contacts or something. I have seen other people on the internet with the same error on other mobile os types.

The only thing I have to offer is this particular account has 1600+ contacts. I hope it isn't limitation as this user is an CxO level executive and we are testing Windows Phone for a larger deployment in the company.

Any ideas out there?

Also there is a thread of at MS with others having same problem:

Windows Phone 8 Nokia 920 from build event will not sync exchange old - Microsoft Community

aemond

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Sadly csfoley didn't find the solution for his case, but there is a serious workaround on the link given above.

vsosa

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 900 and I updated my phone to 7.8 and got the same problem. I read on another forum that you have to restart the phone while the phone is charging and reboot with the charger still plugged in and it got rid of the problem! Try it! It worked for me

aemond

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
For information: this issue has been fixed. Not sure if it was GDR 1 or GDR 2, but it's fixed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb