Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By PurpleOmen

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Well guys, I intend to buy a Lumia 920..but I don't know if I should buy an unlocked(almost 700 dollars) or a contract off and after try to unlock(560 + unlock price)...

Because I am from Brazil, and I am going to NY in December, and I have to know which should I buy..
    If you think that the unlock is better, please tell me which place can i unlock(like trustable site, physical places, whatever).
    and if you think I should buy a Lumia already unlocked, tell me the place where I should buy..
    ^^

any other options?
    please comment

Ian

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iandealencar View Post
    Well guys, I intend to buy a Lumia 920..but I don't know if I should buy an unlocked(almost 700 dollars) or a contract off and after try to unlock(560 + unlock price)...

Because I am from Brazil, and I am going to NY in December, and I have to know which should I buy..
    If you think that the unlock is better, please tell me which place can i unlock(like trustable site, physical places, whatever).
    and if you think I should buy a Lumia already unlocked, tell me the place where I should buy..
    ^^

any other options?
    please comment

Ian
    I am in a very similar situation, except I'm in Mxico.

I am going to NYC for three weeks from Dec. 21 through Jan. 9. Is there somewhere I can buy it completely unlocked in NYC? Or do I have to go online for that?

I've been waiting SO long for my 920...

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calot View Post
    I am in a very similar situation, except I'm in Mxico.

I am going to NYC for three weeks from Dec. 21 through Jan. 9. Is there somewhere I can buy it completely unlocked in NYC? Or do I have to go online for that?

I've been waiting SO long for my 920...
    I am going there 19th and until New Year's Eve...
    I am waiting for it SOOO long too
    :)

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Please help me guys!
    If you are moving back to Brazil, buy unlocked. That seems like a no-brainer to me. Right now there is no known unlock method for the phone. AT&T supposedly will refuse to unlock the phone for at least 6 months (what I have read, but haven't personally confirmed). In short, if you buy the locked version, you will be able to use it when you visit NY, but nowhere else.

Anyway, I am not sure that they are selling the unlocked version of the phone stateside. I know the MS store will have the AT&T locked version though.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    What is MS?
    Microsoft
    Thanked by:

What is MS?

microsoft
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts
    What is MS?
    Microsoft.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    :P
    tHANKS

What is MS?
    Multiple Sclerosis :(

multiple spam >_>

http://www.gsmnation.com/nokia-lumia...-unlocked.html
    also availabe in white, I have already emailed the support team and they said it will work with any carrier, as I questioned being from the uk. It is just purely AT&T logo, they have got them unlocked :D
    Thanked by:
    jmajid 

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thank you...
    I think that there is a reasonable price, dont?

408 it's not bad, I will gladly pay that, being it's already unlocked.

**415...... Plus 20 international shipping, so all in all 435 not bad

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    so anyone actually going to buy from gsmnation?

fyi, i sent an email also - waiting for a response to the unlocked question.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I am wondering to buy

I am thinking of getting it in the next few days, need to get money transfered. I shall post and let you know what if it is unlocked.

I'm ordering online from Panama and I need AT&T version unlocked, since I know for a fact Panama is clearing 700 MHz band for LTE use and I want my phone to be futureproof.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    which colors are u guys looking for?

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I think that I will get the black one and after buy a case wih another color

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleOmen View Post
    http://www.gsmnation.com/nokia-lumia...-unlocked.html
    also availabe in white, I have already emailed the support team and they said it will work with any carrier, as I questioned being from the uk. It is just purely AT&T logo, they have got them unlocked :D
    I have ask my sister to send me one from Queens and I live in India so will the model work with the available networks? I cross check the frequency & India falls in that. Can you please confirm & let me know. Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sayed Abbas View Post
    I have ask my sister to send me one from Queens and I live in India so will the model work with the available networks? I cross check the frequency & India falls in that. Can you please confirm & let me know. Cheers!!
    The at&t version is not available, it was a mistake on their part. I have purchased a black 920 from gsm nation, it arrived in the uk in 6 days and cost me 525 gpb including shipping. It is full unlocked and working perfectly on three Uk :) i am very pleased with the purchase.

Just a FYI, buy the phone in canada $599 , then pay rogers $50 to unlock it, so total $650 for a quad band unlocked lumia 920. Only downside is that its hard to find and only comes in black.